Goal Weight Reached! (Achievement Unlocked!)

Options
Hi, Everyone!

This morning I stepped on the scale to see a very cool number.. 190.

When I first started my weight loss journey, July 6th, 2012, I had made a short term goal, and a long term goal. The short term goal was to weigh under 250 pounds by February. My longer term goals were to lose 100 pounds in a year. I had set an arbitrary goal number for me at 190... On May 31st, I hit my Goal Weight.

My body shape has been rapidly transforming into something I can be proud of. I feel sexy. Healthy. I can run 6 miles without batting an eye... when I wasn't even able to make it down the block before.

Now it's time to set a new goal. Should I go with Body Fat percentage? I'm currently at 19.5%. I'd love to get down to 15%.

Feel free to click through my profile to see a before and after picture. Please help me set a new, attainable goal!

Replies

• upandover34
    upandover34 Posts: 32
    Options
    good on ya mate you look great what a difference
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    Oh my God, I would not recognise you from your before picture at all! Fantastic result! Your goal is a personal choice but I think body fat is a healthier aim than just weight. Just make sure you enjoy your achievement so far!
  • bcorbin34
    bcorbin34 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your goal that is so exciting. :happy:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What an amazing accomplishment. You should be really proud. I think that focusing on body fat % now instead of weight is a good idea.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!! I am close to where you are also, I want to get to 190 (15 to go) and then I think I am going to shoot for a BF%, I would recommend that since losing more might not be the best way to go.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Congratulations!! A lot of hard work went in to reaching that goal, be super proud of yourself! :)
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    You are on FIRE! Proud of you.. You can do whatever you set your mind to. :)
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wow you look like a totally different person! Awesome dude & LOL @ Achievement unlocked :laugh:
  • sylv1979
    sylv1979 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What an achievement!!! Massive well done to you. :) xx
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making your long term goal a reality!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!

I think a good goal to have for a few months would just be maintenance and steadily increasing weight lifting. But we are all different, only you can decide. That is quite an accomplishment!:)
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    WOW! That is amazing! You look like a completely different person!! Keep it up!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    congratulations, it is people like you that keep the rest of us motivated.
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    congrats on making your goal weight !
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    What a huge achievement! You should be very proud.
  • Pnuke77
    Pnuke77 Posts: 23
    Options
    Holy crap dude! I just checked out your before and afters and that is just amazing. Great work! For your next goal have you thought of making it about gaining a certain amount of lean muscle?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

You look skinny like my son (19 was the high of his BMI). He's 6'2" and used to be 155 (high weight). He's been in the Peace Corps for two years and is now TOO thin (I can see every bone in his face). He's coming home next week and I'm hoping he'll start to regain what he lost.

Go for muscle. My son looks fantastic when he does just 20 pushups a day plus his running.

I have also been on for a year and hit my short and long term goals. My goal now isn't a number. It's just keeping the weight off and building more thin muscle. Maintenance is harder than weight loss. All the research says exercise - a LOT of exercise is the key. Personally, I'd set that as my goal.

I start swimming next week. I'm already walking and biking.
  • LoudmouthLee
    LoudmouthLee Posts: 358
    Options
    Thank you for saying I look so skinny! I'm 5'9 and 190 pounds now. Which is, according to Uncle Sam, still overweight. I'm not too hung up on that anymore.

I do weight training 3x a week. I'm going to start increasing the weight of my training and really pushing to add muscle. I'm just going to continue doing what I'm doing:

a) Eat between 2000-2500 calories a day.
    b) Do cardio 6x a week
    c) Weight Train 3x a week

Hopefully, as I increase the weight and the push, I'll build even more muscle.
  • hollywoodguy99
    hollywoodguy99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    15% BF is a great goal, and from what I understand, relatively easy to maintain.

See this link.

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

I have a goal weight of 193 with 15% BF, I am 6'2" I am presently 19.5% at 203lbs.

Good luck, this last little bit is tough.
  • xeyda
    xeyda Posts: 7
    Options
    Congrats, babe. You look wonderful, and more importantly, you seem happier. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!