Where do you call home?

Options

Replies

• thisisforme
    Options
    I was born in Walla Walla Washington. I have lived all around the world (Air Force for 17 years). I currently reside in Hahira, Georgia. When we retire we plan on moving back to Idaho/Washington area.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    i live in the very beautiful mountains of North Carolina...

i grew up in the piedmont (Lexington to be exact, on the outskirts of Winston-Salem, cancer capitol of the world.)

i went off to college in a small town called Cullowhee that is waaaaay in the middle of the mountains an hour at least away from any big city(Asheville NC, an hour away, is where we go if we need a big box store (except for the devil among all box stores, walmart, there is one right here in our tiny college town..)

That is where we met, bought our house and still live today!

I live in the suburbs of Winston Salem, NC. Went to school at App State (Boone, NC) in them beautiful mountains!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Bath, Maine is my home now, but I was born and raised in Dresden, Maine. It's about 20 miles from where I live now and a tiny little "one store town" We had a gas station, a post office, a fire station (ha) and about 3 miles down the road from all of that we had an ice cream store called "Here's the scoop"
    I loved it there because I didn't know any better lol. Now I'm all about vacationing to places like that but I like living in Bath. We live in "suburbia" lol and there is everything I could need here in bath. Grocery store, pharmacy, gas stations, little shops, u name we got it! Except a wal mart..lol but it's not far, about 8 miles form here.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Bath, Maine is my home now, but I was born and raised in Dresden, Maine. It's about 20 miles from where I live now and a tiny little "one store town" We had a gas station, a post office, a fire station (ha) and about 3 miles down the road from all of that we had an ice cream store called "Here's the scoop"
    I loved it there because I didn't know any better lol. Now I'm all about vacationing to places like that but I like living in Bath. We live in "suburbia" lol and there is everything I could need here in bath. Grocery store, pharmacy, gas stations, little shops, u name we got it! Except a wal mart..lol but it's not far, about 8 miles form here.
    I envy you Maine is gorgeous. I did my externship in Prouts neck. I was there for a lil over six weeks and was in HEAVEN. The beach(not the tourist trap beach) the whales the beauty the serenity, unfortunately my externship was misery
  • coldhound
    coldhound Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm moving to Portland Maine on Tuesday. I can't wait to find all this beautiful geography I keep hearing about.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Glamorous Northern NJ..LOL..been here all my life except for a quick stint in college in PA
    about 30min outside NYC

Kim
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I'm moving to Portland Maine on Tuesday. I can't wait to find all this beautiful geography I keep hearing about.
    Its sooo gorgeous!!!!!!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Born in Idaho (NO JOKES:angry: )

Lived almost everywhere (military)

Got stuck in Indiana :sick:

You too? :indifferent:

*sigh
    yess'um
    at least we have THE best football team in the whole world ..hehe
    You in indianapolis? I'm the city south of you. A rockin' cool place called Greenwood.
    [/quote]

OMG!!! You are like 3 miles south of me. I live in downtown, near i70!! I work at Methodist Hospital.!

Yea, the Colts lucked out. I'm a Pats fan (from NE, makes for interesting conversation!)
    [/quote]

Ok...I'll forgive your momentary lapse of reason.....:laugh:

SO nice to meet you fellow Hoosier! Methodist is such a great hospital! My son had hernia surgery there when he was 4 months and I couldn't believe how great the doctors were.:happy:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I am so glad there are more people from Georgia around! I live in the somewhat small town of Ellijay. I have lived in the same square mile all my life but 2 years during the 3rd and 4th grade. My family is all so close, sister is next door, niece across the road and mom down the road, uncle up the hill. We even have the family grave yard close too! See we never leave!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I am so glad there are more people from Georgia around! I live in the somewhat small town of Ellijay. I have lived in the same square mile all my life but 2 years during the 3rd and 4th grade. My family is all so close, sister is next door, niece across the road and mom down the road, uncle up the hill. We even have the family grave yard close too! See we never leave!
    Hey! Is that anywhere near Blue Ridge?
  • Beany
    Beany Posts: 11
    Options
    Beautiful Wisconsin...where it's winter 8 months out of the year!
    Beany
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    42151.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I will always consider Long Island, New York my "Home". I've lived in central Florida for the past 11 years but am truly a New Yorker at heart. :flowerforyou:

Suffolk or Nassau County? North Shore or South Shore?
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Home is Johnstown, PA!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: I live in Maryland now :sad:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Beaverdam VA (near Richmond) Via St. Clairsville, Ohio. (leaving in the a.m. to head there to see my mom and family).
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was born, low those many years ago, in the Holy City, namely Charleston, SC. Where the Ashley and Cooper rivers converge to form the Atlantic Ocean. :bigsmile: I then moved to the town of Irmo, SC where I somehow managed to get an education and move to Florence and then to Lindale, TX and then to McAllen, TX and then to Florence, SC again and then to Jackson, MS and then to Gualeguaychu, Argentina and then to Columbia, SC where I now reside.

67210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Born and raised in Germany. Lived in France for many years though still working in Germany. Moved to this country 12 years ago and now live in the first state. After I finish nursing school I want to travel through the U.S. as a travel nurse.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    yuba city, california! (northern california)
  • angelbells86
    Options
    White Rock, British Columbia is where I call home!
  • Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My home is in Chesterfield UK, although my heart is in Florida :wink:

Widdy
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    i live in the very beautiful mountains of North Carolina...

i grew up in the piedmont (Lexington to be exact, on the outskirts of Winston-Salem, cancer capitol of the world.)

i went off to college in a small town called Cullowhee that is waaaaay in the middle of the mountains an hour at least away from any big city(Asheville NC, an hour away, is where we go if we need a big box store (except for the devil among all box stores, walmart, there is one right here in our tiny college town..)

That is where we met, bought our house and still live today!

I live in the suburbs of Winston Salem, NC. Went to school at App State (Boone, NC) in them beautiful mountains!

WOOO GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!

I live in Boone NC, home of App State and the most beautiful place on earth. (If you don't believe me just ask Manda, she'll tell you!!!)