4.5 months, 23lbs down [pics] :)

Options
LaurenVamp
LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
I've never had the guts to do anything like this on MFP before now--or anywhere else, for that matter. Yesterday I posted an instagram "Transformation Tuesday" photo and got a lot of positive feedback, so I thought I'd take it one step further and post here.

MFP has really been my mainstay and biggest inspiration/point of focus for losing weight and staying on track. I want to stress that this is solely from sticking to my calorie goals and working out 3-6 times per week. With cardio, I started slow--walking 2 miles or so every day on my lunch break with a co-worker. That turned into 20-30 minutes on the stationary bike, then the elliptical. I completed my first 5k (and when I say completed, I don't even mean I ran the entire time--more like 2.5 miles of it) when the Color Me Rad race was held in Oklahoma City a few weeks ago. I'd like to lose about 10-15 more pounds, but now it's all about stamina for me and getting toned. The number on the scale shouldn't matter so much once you realize that getting healthy is totally doable. :) I hope this helps even just one person, because looking at the success stories has always pushed me to keep going.

b32449af-b00f-4d33-bb1e-ecfb09a0eb70_zps2aa7486c.jpg

fe36651a-7ab2-4e8a-aebc-e413c1f417d1_zpse2adb97c.jpg

Replies

• arserine
    arserine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look so happy and strong!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Wow - you are such a beautiful woman :flowerforyou:. Congrats on your success!
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Lovely as always! Congrats on all of your success, and for the courage to post it! Keep up the awesome work :)
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    beautiful!! congrats on your transformation!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Super job, you look amazing!!
  • Audrey24HisSuccessStory
    Options
    I've never had the guts to do anything like this on MFP before now--or anywhere else, for that matter. Yesterday I posted an instagram "Transformation Tuesday" photo and got a lot of positive feedback, so I thought I'd take it one step further and post here.

MFP has really been my mainstay and biggest inspiration/point of focus for losing weight and staying on track. I want to stress that this is solely from sticking to my calorie goals and working out 3-6 times per week. With cardio, I started slow--walking 2 miles or so every day on my lunch break with a co-worker. That turned into 20-30 minutes on the stationary bike, then the elliptical. I completed my first 5k (and when I say completed, I don't even mean I ran the entire time--more like 2.5 miles of it) when the Color Me Rad race was held in Oklahoma City a few weeks ago. I'd like to lose about 10-15 more pounds, but now it's all about stamina for me and getting toned. The number on the scale shouldn't matter so much once you realize that getting healthy is totally doable. :) I hope this helps even just one person, because looking at the success stories has always pushed me to keep going.

b32449af-b00f-4d33-bb1e-ecfb09a0eb70_zps2aa7486c.jpg

fe36651a-7ab2-4e8a-aebc-e413c1f417d1_zpse2adb97c.jpg

Looking fabulous!! Thanks for sharing, you're an inspiration!
  • Yella0606
    Yella0606 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome :)
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Awesome job!
  • zombinaape
    zombinaape Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous, darling! Congratulations on all of your success and hard work!! <3
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! It means so much to me.
  • MommaH_78
    MommaH_78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    that is amazing!! you have done great, this inspires me! I want to have pictures like this to show my progress... I just have to finally get motivated and DO IT!! you look beautiful and make an even more beautiful bride!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!