New and looking for a weekly goal buddy

Options
mmoore9242
mmoore9242 Posts: 15 Member
I just started back on my weight loss journey as of Wednesday, May 29. I am looking for a friend or friends that would be interested in setting a weekly goal with me. It doesn't need to be a number, just any sort of accomplishment related to our health.
I personally am going to work at sticking to my allowed calories and drinking my recommended amt of water :)
I look forward to meeting you!

Replies

• Kaykillentaylor
    Options
    Hello--my daughter and I set our pages up yesterday. I'm still tweaking mine. My goal this week is to get through the weekend. It's a tough time. The urge to eat out usually comes on strong then. I'm glad I read your post. My goal is 70#s (and for my generation # stands for pounds) and I've found it so long term and hard to reach I give up. Hopefully, with a support group I can achieve it. Surviving the weekend by following the plan of myfitnesspal is my goal. How about you?
  • crystalreaves2
    crystalreaves2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ill be your buddy! Request sent. Im just going to stick to working out Ive gave up on it so many times it will be hard but we can both do it!!
  • Kaykillentaylor
    Options
    Oh you sound like me. So many things derail me. One day at a time.
  • mmoore9242
    mmoore9242 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I have replys! I too have a problem with eating out. I don't cook very well and love good food. Plus I live in a city that has a million great restaruants and 2 single sisters who eat out all the time. My waist and my bank account are in need of a makeover due to my lack of willpower.
    So this weekend I WILL stick to my program. I will check in here to see how yall are doing too, I know this will help me:)
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy! Another person to help me keep on track is always welcome.....the past few weekends have been a little rough, first Graduation (LOTS of alcohol!) and then Memorial Day last week, this week my goal is to stay on track ALL weekend!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Check out the "group" - Mini Goal One Week Challenge. We list our goals each week and support/encourage each other to meet them!
  • Katbri78
    Katbri78 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's so hard! I start out so well and do great for a while, then I'm like...eh, whatever! I lose my motivation! I'll be happy to help you out if you help me out! My biggest problem is lack of accountability!!! Since I don't have anyone to hold me accountable and motivate me it's really hard.
  • LavaLisa190
    LavaLisa190 Posts: 14
    Options
    We can be buddies! It's always great to have people who will help you along the way. :smile:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I had a weekly buddy once. Then he got married.
  • sanjeevvjoshi
    Options
    I am in.
  • jessiebritt
    jessiebritt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've started a monthly personal goal page if you're interested. Everyone has their own goals different from each other, but the support will be there for you if you need it!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14411-monthly-personal-goals
  • csheppard17
    csheppard17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is just to get back in the habit of working out consistently. :)
  • Kaykillentaylor
    Options
    Well, as Barney Fife says "you've gotta nip that in the bud". I added up our eating out from last year--mind you it's just the kids and I getting this and that but it was over $1500. I know my husbands was triple. Eating out is great because you don't have to clean up. BUT you need to curtail it. It can be a special treat when you have lost to your next weight loss goal.
  • kottaway6
    kottaway6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am new as well, and would love to be held accountable and set goals with you, too. I am so new that I don't even really know how to be in a "group" with anyone. Do I send a request to you?
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My weekly goal for this week is to stay under my calorie goal,do some sort of workout, and drink water each day. I am also committing to doing at least 20 minutes of yoga each day, even on my busy, crazy days.
  • Nataliejoyyy
    Options
    I'm also new! Just joined yesterday! I'm down for being accountability partners with y'all! I'm gonna echo what a few of you already said, but my goal is to stick to my allowed calories per day. It's harder that you'd think!
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Add me...
  • LadyT1190
    LadyT1190 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in. You can add me.
  • skierbum
    skierbum Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm new too. How do we established 'Buddies"? I would like to become buddies with anyone to help motivate me since I'm the only one among my friends that is trying to lose weight
  • medicvaldez
    medicvaldez Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    woohoo im in!! for a buddy just add a friend!! when youre on your home page you'll see everyone talking and supporting each other :)