calisthenics as cardio

Options
hey guys, I was looking for advice tips? on calisthenics!
You can log them on MFP as cardio .. do they actually burn calories though? like, is it even worth it to log calisthenics, in your opinion?
by the way, the calisthenics that I do would be like, ab videos, crunches, push ups, squats etc etc!

thanks for your input !!!

:D

Replies

• prioritizinghealth
    prioritizinghealth Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    calisthenics has it s own category unfder cardio put it under that
  • prioritizinghealth
    Options
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    hey guys, I was looking for advice tips? on calisthenics!
    You can log them on MFP as cardio .. do they actually burn calories though? like, is it even worth it to log calisthenics, in your opinion?
    by the way, the calisthenics that I do would be like, ab videos, crunches, push ups, squats etc etc!

thanks for your input !!!

:D

I do them all the time and log them as I can get my heart rate up quite nicely. I will do squats, burpees, pushups, walkouts, planks, standing ab work, stair plyometrics, jumping jacks...lunges etc. I will create a circuit of 4-6 exercises and do 10-30 reps of each one...and then repeat the circuit 2-3 times...great body weight exercising...When I am wearing my HRM I can burn more doing a circuit like this than cycling.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    it's all about intensity. phoning in burpees and jumping jacks will get you no where. ;-)
  • prioritizinghealth
    Options
    thanks for the input :D

any other tips ?