Life gone from bottom...to slowly crawling up...need support

Options
I was with my bf 7,.5 years and we have been having problems dealing with his business (that we started together 5 years ago).

Tuesday he decides he needs a break and is moving out - me with no money, no job, and a son.

I kicked him out that night, changed all passwords, got a new bank card and changed the PIN, new phone (so I can return his cell phone) and got a job that starts in 3 days. Just going to assistance for rent for June - he literally left with $4.00 in the bank.

My diet has seriously suffered, as when I'm really upset, I don't eat. I'm working on that part and it's starting to get better. I guess I'm looking for others to tell me it will all work out. I'm pretty tough, and on the right path, but have my moments of "what have I done, I really miss and love him". I do love him...but I also don't see it working out.

Replies

• tccanzoni
    tccanzoni Posts: 33
    Options
    Good morning Phx!

Im sorry for the hard time you have been going through! I understand completely, being with someone for such a long time, and then something like that happens. As hard as it is, and Yes I can feel for you, becasue I have gone through this. I too have a son and a daughter, and my wife who I was with for over 10 years decided the same thing.

All you can do is be positive. YOu have a son who means more than anything to you in this world, and you mean more then anything to him also! So the last thing you can or should do, is let anything happen with yourself. I know its easier said then done, but stress does take its toll on us. Stress > bad eating habits > health concerns and so on...

Everything happens for a reason, what that reason is, sometimes we dont knwo for sure, but things also have a way of working themselves out!

I would suggest finding a program that you enjoy! Workouts do relieve stress and removing stress removes bad habits. I'am a fitness coach, and have a small but active group of individuals who are all aiming toward one goal, to get in better health! If interested, let me know, when working with a group, its more of an accountability factor, and you are more likely to succeed!

I know you stated funds are low, so some programs I can recommend would be within the comfort of your home.

Let me know if you are interested, I would love to help out!

-Tony
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....sigh, you'll be ok cupcake. Have faith in yourself. You're a mom....you need nutirents to stay strong for your son. In 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years you will be thankfull you started over & kept your chin up & look back w/pride at yourself. Know that you'll make it. Good luck....just keep swimming...
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow, that really sucks. You just need to take it one day at a time, hour by hour. Have faith in yourself and do the best you can. Some days it will be better than others. Sending you many well wishes and prayers for things to pick up and go in a better direction for you!
  • Phx99
    Phx99 Posts: 69
    Options
    Things are looking up. Social assistance is helping with June - and I did get a job I start Monday. Rent is taken care of, and I found out I overpaid the cable bill...so no payments there either until July!

Feeling hopefully optimistic - still miss him like mad, but I know what I'm doing is right. It's only been 3 days, and I know it will take time, so I'm not beating myself up. The fact that I can see I WILL be ok with the house and not homeless or starving really helps. Just gotta work on him not being around anymore.
  • Phx99
    Phx99 Posts: 69
    Options
    Day 1 without contacting him at all. Step by step. I also found a babysitter for the times I may want to go out hiking with friends!