To Ms. Know It All Nasty

Options
leslisa
leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
I'm 43 yo. I had surgery in 2011 and gained a bunch of weight. Took up running to get it off (and to get my health issues under control). I was running about 3 miles in one shot at this time last year. I came on here for advice on what to do before a long run and *someone* posted I was like her, not a "real" runner and basically to give up. Thankfully a few others posted with advice about how to hydrate (which I truly, truly appreciated!!)

I'm up to 7.5 miles at a time now so to Ms. Know It All Nasty - "I'm not at all like you so bite me, B*tch.":devil:

And for the record, If you are in Florida and run at noon in the summer, you definitely need to hydrate night and morning before or you'll freaking die - even if you only run a couple of miles. I literally sweat off pounds, even on the 2.5 mile recovery runs. Also, I don't care if someone is running 50 yards or 50 miles. If they are running/jogging, they are a runner!

Replies

• DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Nuff said! So, what, you have to be an olympian to be a real runner??? You got it girl!
  • buffyfan22
    buffyfan22 Posts: 54
    Options
    While I agree, you posted in the wrong forum area lol. But you don't need to prove anything to anyone. Some people think they are experts and that's just fine. Let it go and do what's best for you. You are a runner if you say you are. Don't worry about others' opinions. Some people just love to be *kitten* lol.
  • wiebelnancy
    wiebelnancy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well Said!! I just turned 50, and have taken up running. 3-4 miles a day. I know some people don't give you credit where credit is due. Everyone has to start somewhere and anyone who can even run in Florida with the heat and humidity has my support!! We will just keep running!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    "If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
    --John Bingham
  • steamtrain1999
    Options
    "If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
    --John Bingham

This says it all.
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Very good..Cant let others drag you down
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You're awesome ... people are always gonna hate. Especially when they are miserable. Way to go!
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    While I agree, you posted in the wrong forum area lol.

I would say going from running 3 miles to 7.5 miles is quite a success would you not?
  • Leo_729
    Leo_729 Posts: 5
    Options
    Once saw a quote . . "the difference between runners and joggers is that one has a paper number pinned to their back". Embrace your the runner in you.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Congrats! As a fellow runner, I have to agree that it doesn't matter how long you've been running or for how far. If you run, you are runner.

And to the post that said you were in the wrong forum... ignore it! Succes is not always about the scale, it's about the accomplishment in leading a healthy lifestyle. And running 7.5 miles -- that is definitely success in my book! :happy:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    --John Bingham
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options

I'm up to 7.5 miles at a time now so to Ms. Know It All Nasty - "I'm not at all like you so bite me, B*tch.":devil:

Haha! I like you.
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! I would definitely agree that 3 to 7.5 miles is a success story. Keep rockin it!!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome that you did not let someone bring you down and keep from growing! Congrats on 7.5 mile runs!!!!! I am up to 1.5 w/out stopping. I AM a runner! Wether I run 1/2 a mile or 3 miles, I run and I enjoy it!!!!!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's right! Don't ever let anyone put you down. You can become whatever you want to be!
  • Laultimacocacola
    Options
    HAHAHa :flowerforyou:

I started with 3.15 miles. I'm hoping to be able to run it without stopping soon. I'm still stopping once :S

But I've made small accomplishments with time and how I feel :drinker:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    That'll show her.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    7.5 miles? WOW! That's awesome, keep up the good work.

I hope "Ms. Know It All Nasty" is enjoying her decision to not try while you're out there working hard and succeeding.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    That'll show her.

YEAH:angry: and stuff!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!