Need a portable, natural, no-preparation breakfast

Options
Lysander666
Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
As much as I loved Belvita breakfast bicuits, I can tell they're not that good with all their sugar... and they're hardly natural.

So I need a breakfast that is PORTABLE [i.e. I just stick it in a bag a go], takes no preparation at my destination, is natural, and contains protein.

I was thijnking of just eating two or three hard boiled eggs for breakfast, made a few days before. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Replies

• lemonlimecrime
    lemonlimecrime Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Maybe a container with some apple slices and a natural peanut butter to dip with? The hard boiled eggs is a good idea though.
  • Mrsbostwick
    Mrsbostwick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jif sells little to-go packets of peanut butter now too! I have a few in my desk at work if I want to dip my apples :)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    individual yogurt cups, a piece of fruit with a side of nuts
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bolthouse farms has some all natural smoothies that I'm digging right now - the peach parfait one is to die for. they're a little calorie pricey for me - about 380 for a 16oz bottle, but they do keep me as full as my usual egg/english muffin & greek yogurt breakfast that I've had for a while.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Omlette
    Half a grapefruit although if by portable you mean eat on the go then not so much!
  • cmfaris8
    cmfaris8 Posts: 39
    Options
    I do the egg thing most mornings but it can get boring.

I just started making overnight oats with fruit. I put a 1/2 of whole grain oats, 1 tbsp of chia, and 3/4 cup of coconut milk in a mason jar before I go to bed, stick it in the fridge, and just add fruits/nuts in the morning.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg, banana
  • wswing
    wswing Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk of choice, 1/3 yogurt cover and let sit in fridge overnight add nuts or nut butter in the morning
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    As much as I loved Belvita breakfast bicuits, I can tell they're not that good with all their sugar... and they're hardly natural.

So I need a breakfast that is PORTABLE [i.e. I just stick it in a bag a go], takes no preparation at my destination, is natural, and contains protein.

I was thijnking of just eating two or three hard boiled eggs for breakfast, made a few days before. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Hard boiled eggs require preparation.

If you want no prep, and protein? You can buy cottage cheese singles. Or premade protein shakes.

Or anything from a restaurant.

Or fruit.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind a little sugar, I prep up 1 cup containers every weekend that hold about 3/4 cup of Fage plain greek yogurt (0% or 2% depending on what's available that week) with a dollop of all natural strawberry preserves. YUM! This is something I usually have for a snack and wouldn't be enough for breakfast but might be good paired with your eggs or something else.

I also cook up a batch of steel cut oats every weekend. Make 6 or 7 servings and add a small (6oz I think) bag of craisins. Pour that into a square Rubbermaid container then cut into 6 segments when it's cool. Scoop them into those lovely 1 cup containers and I'm good to go for the week. For protein: Quaker brand has 5g per serving. Bob's Red Mill brand has 7g per serving. Again, might not be enough for a full breakfast but would be good paired with an egg or two.
  • denaea
    denaea Posts: 2
    Options
    Do you use steel cut oats or regular?
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can buy these things called eggies (I think). You can make hard boiled eggs with no shell. I add anything into them and then boil it. Once cooled off you can store in the fridge for 3 days. No mess of peeling just grab and go.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    2 Hard boiled eggs, apple, peanut butter
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I buy Thin and Trim low sodium turkey breast, and just have that Monday - Friday for breakfast with 8oz of OJ mixed with 8oz of water, very easy.
  • LoudmouthLee
    LoudmouthLee Posts: 358
    Options
    Greek Yogurt not ok? Full of protein and deliciousness.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/981373-protein-bars-only-3-ingredients-picture?hl=protein+bars&page=3#posts-15355770

This is really good. It takes preparation ahead of time, but if you wrap each of them in aluminum foil or plastic wrap (or a baggie if you're lazy like myself), it's a grab and go kind of thing!
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Summer Porridge (Overnight Oats):

½ cup steel cut oats, ½ cup of almond milk, 2 tablespoons greek yogurt, a tablespoon of honey, and a ¼ cup of your favorite frozen fruit. I love blueberries. Mix it up in a mason jar and put in the fridge for at least overnight (I usually make a weeks worth at once and it only gets better as it ages) and eat right out of the jar in the morning. No heat required.

So yummy and super filling at about 300 cals.