is this a good workout?

Options
this is my first time posting here, I just wanted to know if this was a good work out to do.

30 jumping jacks
5 pushups
25 high knees
35 oblique twists
10 crunches
7 squats
5 pushups
10 crunches
5 pushups
7 squats
30 jumping jacks
35 oblique twists
5 pushups
25 highknees
30 jumping jacks
10 lunges (each)
15 squats
10 side lunges (each)
25 inner theigh lifts (each)
10 lunges (each)
40 skaters
10 squats
30 inner theigh lifts (each)

I need a quick work out since I have an 8 month old who demands mommys attention all the time. I just don't know if this is any good, I have never really been good at excersizing. so is this any good? is there a different work out i could be doing that will give me better results? is there anything i should add or replace in this work out? I really want to work on my midsection (tummy and love handles) and my theighs. thank you so much for your help.

Replies

• kryder92
    kryder92 Posts: 5
    Options
    anybody?
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good to me. Very nice. Are you relatively new to fitness workout? This is a pretty good start. If you're sweating and feeling it afterwards, then I'd say stick with it for awhile. If you have the energy and time, some mountain climbers or burpees might be a nice addition as well. Also some calf raises. If you have stairs, go up and down a flight (one rep per stair).

At some point in the immediate future, you may want to consider adding some light dumbbells into your program so that you can increase the intensity, bodyfat/calorie burning, and lean muscle building. They would be useful in most of your exercises here, but particularly helpful with squats, lunges, crunches (hold one dumbbell behind the neck), and modified jumping jacks. I don't see much shoulder work here, so they would be useful in a couple of new exercises ... such as Surrenders or Overhead Dumbbell Raises or Dumbbell Lateral Raises (to work the shoulders)

Hope this program works well for you. It's a nice start. Maybe in a couple-few months, you can check back in and get some suggestions on adding even more intensity to your fitness program. Don't forget to take pictures/measurements. That's a good way to track progress for programs such as this. :)