Hello From Michigan!

Options
Hello! I am a stay at home mother of five. I also have a small hobby farm. A girlfriend ChellieIrish hooked me up with the website and I'm loving it! I am about 90 pounds overweight and have maintained this weight for over two years.... it's time to say goodbye to it! I signed up for a local Weight Loss Challenge, a 12 week program to be the biggest looser, I think I can do it! I understand exercise but counted calories and balancing a diet was something I could never do. I am loving the calorie counter here though and making good use of it. I will be grateful for any help and support, I've been assured there's some fabulous people here! Looking forward to meeting you! Dawn :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

Woohoo girlie sooooo glad you joined us I just know you will love it here as I said to ya the support here is priceless :bigsmile:

The hardest step was joining which is done :heart: the rest is getting into a nice healthy routine :drinker:

:heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    Just a wee bump for you :flowerforyou: posts can easily get missed when the board is active :laugh:
  • DawnElisabeth
    Options
    Thanks Chellie! Glad to be here! :happy:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    :heart:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    :drinker:
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi, chellieirish put me on to you , I've been on here for three months ish. I've not got much weight to loose but the bit of fat that I do have is a real pig to shed so I thought if I can hit it from all angles then I could be on to a winner. Well like I said I've been on here for three months ish and still have that bit of fat but I have learnt soooo much about nutrition and exercise ( I'm gym rat and recently a cyclist) from this site and the great people on here. I hope you achieve your goals and if there is anything you would like an opinion or advice about then just give me a shout : ))
  • DawnElisabeth
    Options
    Hi Borisda! Thanks for the welcome! Chellie's a dear girl, we've been pals for a while and I've been watching her count calories so I asked her about it. Ive committed and I'm so excited to be here! Thanks again, Dawn
    PS- Nice pipes! =)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hey from Georgia:flowerforyou:
    welcome aboard, I'm a big fan of the BL, let me know how you progress!:bigsmile:
  • terrys_girl
    Options
    Hi there!! I just joined too. I heard this website is great and I love the calorie counter. Takes the guess work out of it. If you keep with it I'm sure this will work. Welcome!!!!:smile: