wobbly bits

Options
ok so im going on holiday in 7 weeks and need to get back into my bikini after having a baby 9 weeks ago i need some tips and exercises to reduce the wobbly bit that is on my hips you know the bit that kind of hangs over your bikini bottoms bellow your belly button and on your hips please help !!! i know i wont get rid of it all in a short time space but it would be nice to have a bit less wobble :smile: :smile:

Replies

• janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think the running should help firm you up a bit :flowerforyou:
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thank you for replying to my post i was thinking there was no one out there lol :laugh:
  • theodosiou23
    theodosiou23 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'd give the 30 day shred DVD a go. I noticed a difference in my wobbly bits in just a week. :)
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would say running and sit ups.. I am your mother's friend...

I know you will do it if you are as determined
    as your amazing mother...Good luck ..
  • paw247Pat
    paw247Pat Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm much older than you are, but as women I think we all have that problem. Have you tried reverse crunches? Lay on your back, knees bent, pull legs up toward your chest while keeping the top half of your body flat on the floor. You should be able to really feel it after just a few. To help with the sides more, bring upper body up to meet your knees, rt arm to left knee and then left arm to right knee. ..................Another one, stand and bending side to side bring knees up and to the side while bringing elbow down to meet knee. I hope this makes sense, its so hard to describe exercises. Oh, one more, I love this one! Standing, keep lower body, waist down stable. Slide your rib cage back and forth from left to right, (not twisting). All the while keeping not moving from waist down. Good luck,
  • claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. If it were me, I would focus on healthy eating, cardio and having fun! No worries about your appearance. Congratulations to your whole family on your baby girl. I love when Janice talks about her grandkids!
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Contatulations on your baby! :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Personally I would go with heavy lifting over cardio. I'm 6 weeks into Stronglifts and I've seen much better results from that than I ever got with cardio.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Personally I would go with heavy lifting over cardio. I'm 6 weeks into Stronglifts and I've seen much better results from that than I ever got with cardio.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Agreed! I do stronglifts and started seeing big changes in that area around the one month mark.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Hate to be redundant - but this is the answer. Stronglifts is making a difference in my shape. Enjoy your vacation and your daughter is precious!
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    thank you every one for your help, now another dumb question what is strong lifts does it mean lifting heavy stuff ?? i know my mums great she is such an inspiration to me :heart: :heart:
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    I'm much older than you are, but as women I think we all have that problem. Have you tried reverse crunches? Lay on your back, knees bent, pull legs up toward your chest while keeping the top half of your body flat on the floor. You should be able to really feel it after just a few. To help with the sides more, bring upper body up to meet your knees, rt arm to left knee and then left arm to right knee. ..................Another one, stand and bending side to side bring knees up and to the side while bringing elbow down to meet knee. I hope this makes sense, its so hard to describe exercises. Oh, one more, I love this one! Standing, keep lower body, waist down stable. Slide your rib cage back and forth from left to right, (not twisting). All the while keeping not moving from waist down. Good luck,

thank you i have had lots of run trying to do this while reading it at the same time baby emilie thinks im nuts she is just looking at my and laughing and smiling xx
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    thank you every one for your help, now another dumb question what is strong lifts does it mean lifting heavy stuff ?? i know my mums great she is such an inspiration to me :heart: :heart:
    It's a lifting program: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • gamommaof3
    gamommaof3 Posts: 59
    Options
    I like doing the reverse crunches and I'm also a runner. They both work for me, but I also do think lifting is good! You are beautiful and I love your mum!!