Lost the feeling of being full/hungry...

Options
When I used to eat unhealthy, I lost the feelings of being full and I never felt that feeling of hunger.
I never got that aching pain in my tummy telling me to eat, so I never knew when my body needed food, so I would just always eat!

Now that I have started to eat healthier these last couple of weeks, I am finally beginning to get that feeling back.
I now feel hunger, so I grab a healthy snack.

Also, I now know what portions will make me feel satisfied and not overly stuffed.

I don't know, I always just thought something was wrong with my body for not feeling those feelings, but now I know that it's just because I was abusing my body with tons of unhealthy crap.

so, Raise those healthy snacks high! :D

Replies

• MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!
  • futuremrsevers
    Options
    Great NSV!!

LOL I'm still new to this so what does NSV mean?
  • xabcdefgeee
    xabcdefgeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's so great! I'm the same way - eat, snack, eat, snack, snack, snack....you get the point haha

But I do realize that the more I'm actually watching what I'm putting into my mouth, the more I can see the signs my body's giving me.

Keep it up! :D
  • xabcdefgeee
    xabcdefgeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!

I learned this recently! "Non-Scale Victory"
  • futuremrsevers
    Options
    Great NSV!!

I learned this recently! "Non-Scale Victory"

aaahhhhh! Well thanks!
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I agree! It's great to have those feelings of hunger or fullness and understand what they mean. And do something about it! It's such a healthier feeling too! I know when I would eat crap, you're right, you just keep eating. Now feeling full is very uncomfortable. That is good!
    Great Post!
  • futuremrsevers
    Options
    I agree! It's great to have those feelings of hunger or fullness and understand what they mean. And do something about it! It's such a healthier feeling too! I know when I would eat crap, you're right, you just keep eating. Now feeling full is very uncomfortable. That is good!
    Great Post!

Thanks! Yeah how did we ever enjoy that feeling of being completely stuffed?
    I can't stand it now!!