Any recommendations please?

Options
Okay so i am what they call a non excersiser lol
I have not done excercise in the past 4 years its terrible!
I am just starting out again, and being really overweight and joint pains it aint fun....
I really want to do it and do push through but im getting bored of following my cardio blast routine on ipad. Can anyone recommend any plans for me? I know about jillian michaels im looking into that, i need something up beat maybe a music one?. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun. I love it.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You might have some luck looking for routines on Youtube. Lots of different material there.
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just put on my favorite music and dance around my house. I am totally not into working out either!
    Dancing is fun and it still burns calories. Try it!
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi hope all is good with you! Id recommend you start out with a 10 minute walk every day and build it up from there,dont push too hard and dont drive yourself mad it will come in time!Jillian is great but its though going and Id be afraid it might put you off I know Im used to exercise and I was sore for days after starting the shred!! Best of luck!
  • Maggie1moo
    Maggie1moo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for input everyone. If im honest id love to go on a nice walk but sad as it seems where im from people are so vain and shallow and me being the size i am now makes me so self concious i dont wanna go out :( anyhowi might just give it a go! And has for dancing i love it too, i might just give that a go.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I really suggest taking slow with short walks. They have walking videos if you are too uncomfortable to go outside. You need to let your body adjust to exercise and not burn yourself out.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Turbofire - that one is mega fun!
  • StaycJulia
    StaycJulia Posts: 32
    Options
    Taking the little one out for a stroller ride gives you both some fresh air and fun time. Plus the cutie will most likely steal any onlookers attention. Walking was about all i could do at first with my weight. I was self concious too until I changed the way I thought. I had to remind myself that I was doing something about it and this was for me not the neighbors, who cares what they think. We are our own worst critics, thinking others are judging us when really they probably dont even notice us walking down the street. Go for it and enjoy it. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.
  • Maggie1moo
    Maggie1moo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Taking the little one out for a stroller ride gives you both some fresh air and fun time. Plus the cutie will most likely steal any onlookers attention. Walking was about all i could do at first with my weight. I was self concious too until I changed the way I thought. I had to remind myself that I was doing something about it and this was for me not the neighbors, who cares what they think. We are our own worst critics, thinking others are judging us when really they probably dont even notice us walking down the street. Go for it and enjoy it. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.

Thank you so much for that!
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did the Jillian Michaels thing a few times watching the video and them I bought a phone app called Seconds Pro that I programmed the workouts Jillian has you do into that (30 seconds stretch, 30 second stretch, 1 min jumping jacks, etc.) that I can set my own music to. I was starting to get an irrational hatred for her voice and that helped! I also have joint issues and an ankle injury that makes jumping jacks (one of her main things) kind of hard, so I don't beat myself up over them, I run in place and do curls with baby weights to engage my arms. The first few times I did her videos I wanted to die, now I can get through it without that feeling and I've increased my weights.

Music makes my workouts so much better, something upbeat and fun makes me move more, I listen to Girl Talk's album All Day when I do the circuit at the gym and some songs I'm literally shaking my *kitten* because they just make me wanna dance. Get dance games for your gaming system, too, if you can. You can dance like a crazy person and no one can say *kitten*. Just as long as you keep moving and push yourself further each day! Good luck!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk at Home. Look on Youtube to try it out.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun!
  • ilenelynne
    ilenelynne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Tennis - it's fun and you burn like crazy. Last night I played a match for two hours wearing a HRM - I burned 1,020 calories and it's social!
  • boxergrl614
    Options
    Hi! I do Booty slide right now. It is a very low impact cardio and strength training program. For 30 bucks you get the 4 dvd system, sliders, and booties. Each dvd is around 20-30 minutes with the same 5 minute warm up per dvd. It goes slow, and you can only do what you can. Don't be fooled though, your heart rate will rise. I have started adding 2.5 pound weights to my legs for some extra fat burning. I really enjoy it. I can do it in the privacy of my home, and if I only have 10 minutes, then that is all I will do. Although, I have worked up to doing 2-3 of the dvd's on a rotation basis now. I have all the moves memorized so I just workout when the kids are watching cartoons. Little things add up and make a tremendous difference. Try doing some light stretching for 10 minutes, or walk in place in your living room. I have started daily dance parties with my kids lately, l.ol! Anything to get me moving. I know you don't like your "Judge-y" neighbors, but walking is the BEST thing you can do for your self. Just 30 minutes a day, and you will see a tremendous difference in your weight. Think about it this way, you are outside doing something fantastic for yourself, your neighbors are inside doing nothing for them selves. We all need to get out of the mind set that we are somehow sub-par because of our weight. We all have a right to only appreciate our own opinions. Hang in there, little steps.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Thanks for input everyone. If im honest id love to go on a nice walk but sad as it seems where im from people are so vain and shallow and me being the size i am now makes me so self concious i dont wanna go out :( anyhowi might just give it a go! And has for dancing i love it too, i might just give that a go.

"Walk" indoors with Leslie Sansone....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjduJjO1pLg&feature=related
    OR Jessica Smith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd9V8pJrMXU

Actually low impact aerobics. BUT you can use your own music if you want because (especially with Leslie) there is no choreography..... just pick out some fast tunes & go ..... or turn on the TV .... and "walk" using your ipad as a guide ... while watching your favorite TV program.

To look up DVD information ..... collagevideo.com .... you get video clips, info on impact level, equipment needed, fitness level, etc..... I always look a DVD up when I can so I don't get something I can't use (high impact).