new to all of this

Options
My name is Kimberley and i have just recently found your site by accident. have attempted to keep a food journal in the past and seemed like too much work, but when i was scoping MFP out, it occurred to me that studies consistently show individuals who consistently keep a food journal are more successful with weight loss. Was going to skip the message boards, but again, WW has been attributed to more success than other programs d/t the support group aspect. so, i figured i'm either committed completely or i'm out. my previous efforts have not been successful done my way.

When i went back to school for my BSN i had to stop exercising and did A LOT of stress eating. Now i'm in my second year for my DNP and i'm 40lbs heavier. I turned 50 this year and while that doesn't bother me, being fat at 50 does.

I'm hope to make some good, supportive friends here as well as to be one.

Replies

• jodie3134
    jodie3134 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is awesome. I too have tried tracking and WW, but never kept up with it although it does work.... This time around, I am using MFP and it is a wonderful tool. Tracking has never been easier. Good luck on your journey!!
  • rathmer
    rathmer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also 50 and have tried several avenues of weight loss. This is my second week and I am keeping on track with the help of the food journal. Keeping a journal for me has helped me to make better choices with food. Good luck on your journey!
  • kimberley6453
    kimberley6453 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you. i hope i can make a habit of using a journal. you really have no idea how much your putting in your mouth until you start tracking it. big wake-up call.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • tkkd
    tkkd Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome I am 44 been at it for a month feel free to add me.