Hello everyone, I have joined the team

Options
Hi Everyone,

So today I have told myself that is enough is enough, of course I have had those conversations before and I always seem to be motivate for a few days and then .............Yes the icecream or the cookie calls - do you know what I mean ?

Well, what is different this time. Well I have a gorgous son Max who is 10 and we are very close and do so many things together. Its school holidays at the moment and he asked if we could go out with the dogs yesterday, (Which I do normally love), but you know I could not be bothered to shift my fat bum and go out. At bedime Max turned to me before he went off to sleep and said " Mum its time lose some weight,, I am worried that you are going to get too heavy and DIE. God that hurt. I gave him a kiss and told him that of course I would talke about it tomorrow.
Well Tomorrow is here and he's right I do need to lose some weight, so to my dear Max, who inspires me to stretch myselt, to love everyone and to love myself xxxxx

Replies

• katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! :smile:
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing how one sentence from our children can motivate us to open our eyes and completely change our lives?
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Welcome to the site.................................................................Out of the mouths of babe!!!!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    you go girl!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    seriously, i must be getting my non period (on an iud) or something....i just cried reading your post (cried earlier today watching a you tube video of military personnel surprising their families with homecomings).....anyway...welcome to MFP...doing this for yourself is the main goal, but doing it for your children/child is the number two spot right behind yourself......
    work hard to get healthy and you will be a better mom......there are many in the exact same boat as you....lean on your friends and if you dont have any yet, get some....the support you find here will amaze you....i used the food/exercise journal portion of the site for almost 3 months before i jumped into the community section and man do i wish i had made friends earlier.....the members here are an amazing group of supporters and a wealth of knowledge and opinions.....

good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you wish....
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Wecome to the site....good luck
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. :o)
  • Hannesfit
    Hannesfit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i totally cried too. my son is only three and the other day he smacked me on the butt and said "i smacked your fat butt" and ran off laughing. at first i shrugged it off. until he later asked me if my belly was fat with a baby in it!!!!!!!!!!

you go girl!!! here's to mommy's boys!!!!
  • bubyloo
    bubyloo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I heard the same thing from my teenage daughter, who I had "later in life"! She wants me to be around for her college graduation, marriage, children, etc. That helps me go to the gym and monitor my calories, and hopefully I'll stick with it this time--for life!