Exercise adds to Calorie Intake?

Options
bubyloo
bubyloo Posts: 11 Member
Why does it add those back to your intake for the day? It seems if you stick to the normal calorie intake that it gives you, then you would lose the weight faster! Plz explain!

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you a certain amount of calorie deficit, so thats how they calculate how much calorie you should eat daily.....So when you work out, its adds back the workout calories, because they suggest you eat some , or half or all of your workout calories

You are going to get many mixed reviews on that, some people eat back some, all or none. You will have to see which way you are more comfortable with and what helps you to lose weight better. Each person system works differently.

I have days I eat none, some or all. I try to mix it up a bit.

Goodluck
  • msdjsmith95
    Options
    Yes, it allows you exercise calories as additional calories. If you don't eat those calories, you DO lose weight faster. Some days, I really NEED to eat those calories, but on others I leave them there. It's really a personal preference.

Good luck!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    As a woman with a daily calorie goal of only 1200, I HAVE to eat my exercise calories, otherwise my net calories would be below 1200! As long as your net doesn't go below 1200, you can choose to eat the calories you burn or not.
  • rebel14
    rebel14 Posts: 33
    Options
    Its just a suggestive gauge to show how your exercise effects your overall caloric intake. If you leave them untouched then youll lose weight at a percentage sooner.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have to eat mine back or I think I would pass out!! But it means I can try and not eat them all back and lose weight a bit faster or know that if I do a really big work out and then crave a little treat these things balance (which is what its all about right!)

I'm the same though to keep losing weight my intake is only 1200 calories, this morning I did 600 cals of exercise so if I didn't eat them back I would be on 600 cals a day which is getting to a starvation diet!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    One other quick thought though its tempting losing weight FAST isn't always best. Because when you loose too quickly you lose muscle mass not fat and you also tend to put the weight back on when you start eating normally again faster. x