A friend, anyone?

Options
I'm starting up a diet for the 3rd time, and I hope my last. I'm determined and ready. I'm not scared anymore, but the journey is easier with friends. Friends bring me motivation, I've noticed. When alone at my house with no encouragement, I've been lazy and procrastinating. I had a horrible time eating as well. Now I'm on vacation, and strangest thing is I'm COMPLETELY motivated again. It must be the change in scenery and the change in my social life. But vacation doesn't last forever. I'm looking for friends.

I'm Cassidi and I'm ready to change.

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassidi! I originally lost 24 lbs on here, but have gained back about 8 of them...which I have been successfully losing and then regaining over...and over...and over. It's a really hard lifestyle to maintain, but I'm going to continue to work at it! :) This is something we'll have to work at for the rest of our lives, especially as we get older. I log in and post just about every day...and I log my food 95% of the time. Feel free to add me as a friend!!!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Good for you :smile: Make it stick! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    Hey glad to help out!! I'll add you!
  • geekman
    geekman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassidi. I'm always on the look out for motivating friends. I know exactly what you mean about the rediscovering motivation. I've found that, with not seeing my friends recently, I too have become more motivated to lose weight. Please feel free to add me. or not. No pressure. Whichever you decide, good luck!
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    Hi Cassidi, join us on our journey of good health and wellbeing. Feel free to add me!
  • boxergrl614
    Options
    Hi, I will send you a request!! I am always looking for great friends to help on this journey!
  • theerachele
    theerachele Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cassidi! I'd love to be your friend! I'm here for encouragement & support along the way!
  • joannajones7946281
    Options
    Hi add me if u like x
  • knslovingGod
    Options
    I am here for you you also!
  • maz5858
    maz5858 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just joined today and i need lots of BUDDYS to keep me motivated and to get me shrinking.

I have a wardrobe of clothes that i need to get back into.

Maz xxx
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Add me, anyone else can, too!

Biggest thing to note right off the bat; it isn't a diet, it needs to be a lifestyle change. A diet is something you eventually end. Do things that you can do forever!
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This place is the best for motivation.. just added you! Anyone else feel free to add me!
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! We all love it here. Feel free to add.
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me :) always looking for more friends and motivation!
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    if you need new friends tooo or anyone can add i love motivation!
  • Syvera
    Syvera Posts: 3
    Options
    Everyone's so friendly on here. Thanks all. I'll accept any requests. ^.^ I'm already excited!
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassidi! I've just hit 145 consecutive days and 22lbs down and it really does help having proper friends on here - not just a long friend list. Feel free to add me.
    Also, do t think of it as a diet cos they dont work. This is a lifestyle change - you've decided to change your life for the better so well done on being awesome!
  • walterP33
    walterP33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Manda Jean you are so right. We have to realize it's a life style change. If we let our guard down we'll be sitting on the couch tooooo much and eating the chocolates and taking in way more calories than we are putting out. See the modern world has harmed us in this way. Early last century most people did walking wherever they went. Some farmers and city folk had horses. So, we must "WORK" our bodies as God designed them that way! Also, the longest living people in the world meet almost daily to socialize with their friends. Look it up! My sister a retired "Heart nurse" says the one most important trait for long life is "STAYING ACTIVE"!!!!!!
  • Pinky_Fit
    Pinky_Fit Posts: 18
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • mandograss1
    Options
    :happy: Hey Cassidi, first don't diet!!! They never work. once you finish a diet you almost always gain some or all the weight back. You have to look at it from a life style change. Little changes in your diet and activities can have a huge effect on weight control. This site is a great place to monitor both exercise and eating habits. Dieting is always short term goals. Make permanent changes in your diet. Learn what foods work together to help burn fat and introduce them into your daily diet. Being active is so important. You need at least 45 minutes of activety each day that will get your heart rate up. It can be alot of differant kinds of excercise. Find what is fun for you. Don't be affraid to mix it up. Good luck!!