80 pounds gone - 30 more to go!

Options
SydneyRenee2
SydneyRenee2 Posts: 49 Member
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/aquarian29/Transformationpictures/thenandnow.jpg

CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET PIC TO POST. YOU CAN COPY/PASTE THAT INTO A URL AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO IT

My fitness journey began in August of 2011 after the birth of my son. I was the heaviest I have ever been in my life weighing 256 pounds. I was in pain constantly and it was hard to walk very far without becoming breathless. My self esteem had hit rock bottom. I didn't even want to go out in public because I was so ashamed of myself and I absolutely hated shopping because I knew how hard it was to find anything cute to fit and possibly make me look slimmer. I had had enough! I was tired of feeling tired & depressed all the time. Tired of having to tell my three year old daughter I couldn't pick her up or play with her because I didn't feel good or was too tired or my back hurt. I wanted to be able to be active with her and my son and to have the desire to go run around the yard with them or push them on their bike/car or play ball with them. I dreaded any physical activity! My fiance was also having health problems - gout, high blood pressure, high sugar on the verge of diabetes, and high cholesterol. We both decided to take charge of our lives.

I had already lost 33 pounds by watching my portions and breastfeeding. My fiance been talking about P90X for so long so we decided to look into it and started watching transformation videos on youtube. Several tears and videos later we were both inspired and pumped up and ready to get all the fat off our bodies! So, we found an amazing coach, starting working out with P90X, drinking Shakeology as a meal replacement, and eating clean. By the end of the first 90 days I had lost 33 pounds, 27", and went from a size 20 to a size 16!! My skin cleared up & my pain was so much better! I had so much more energy and stamina and my confidence was WAY up!! I was even sleeping better! I felt so great!!! My fiance's cholesterol went down to fantastic numbers, sugar went to normal numbers, gout went away, as well as his high blood pressure! We were amazed at the differences in our health from making these simple changes in our lives. I'll admit, at first it didn't seem simple but after a few weeks you get the hang of it and it's like second nature.

It's still a work in progress with 30 more pounds to go. I plan to get there with this next round of P90X! I hope my story inspires some or even just ONE of you to make the change like we did. You can do it if we did!!!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!