Ladies- question about buying a dress

Options
staceypunk
staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
http://us.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2931326

stardressstrapback_zps4c54a81c.jpg

Hi ladies,

I've never tried on a dress like this one before. Do you think that a regular bra strap would be covered or would it show? I would like to mail order it but only if I can wear a regular bra.

TIA!

Replies

• alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It looks like it should be O.K.

I'm sitting at my desk feeling myself up trying to judge how far down my straps go, and hoping nobody walks by! :blushing:
  • staceypunk
    Options
    yeah, it looks like it would work, but I have never seen a dress cut like this in the stores. Free shipping both ways, but hope that someone who has tried on something like it would chime in :)
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I used to have a dress that was very similar, with a cut out in almost the same spot, and I wore a regular bra with it, and never had a problem.
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ya, you'd be ok. Some bras have thinner back straps, just make sure you don't have one of those with 4 hooks on it with the extra wide back strap - that might show, but the thinner ones with just 2 hooks would totally be ok. . .
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I think you'd be ok and it's cute
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think you might be a little old for that style.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i think it would be fine. And it's a cute dress, go for it!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    It looks like a bra would be covered. I'm sure you have several bras, try 'em all with the dress. It's cute as hell.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I respectfully disagree. Now "I" might too old for it, but 35? Nah. :)

OP, I think the regular bra would be no problem. :)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Huh? No way!

OP - you should be fine with a regular bra. The dress is super cute! Enjoy it. :)
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Not that you're asking, but I'm around your age and I wouldn't wear that. I WOULD wear other types of form-fitting or peekaboo clothes, but it's the fabric, pattern and skirt shape here that reads as juvenile, to me. If it were a solid colour it might be a bit less so. That said if you live in a beachy town, I'm sure it's a different context. And you should do what the hell you want bc life's too short to give a crap.

For this dress, I think you need one of those 'convertible' bras, where the strap's a bit lower than usual.
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Well, I don't look 35. Most people think I'm in my late twenties. And I don't dress like most people. I think it's cute and if I could pull off wearing a cut out dress like that it would just make me so happy. I actually only have 3 bras right now. I lost 40 pounds in 6 months and lost 8" from my boob measurement! I had to go out and get new bras and was ecstatic that I could now shop at Victoria's Secrets again. Two bras ARE the kind with a thicker band and 4 hooks. The other is an old one that is really a little too small and has a thin band.

Anyhow- thanks so much ladies for talking it through! (I am still undecided if I am actually gonna buy it though)
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I like it. I'd totally tear that off you. :devil: