May in Review

Options
Hey folks,

Its around the end of every month that I do a review on my diet and exercise to determine where I am and how I'm doing, either when loosing weight, or even just plateauing. Recently I've made a few alterations to my plan, but I was curious since more than one set of perspectives are more than helpful to determine how you're doing. Recently, a friend suggested I ask the community here, when normally I ask friends.

Data:
Current Weight - 235 lbs
Goal Weight - 200 lbs
Body Fat - 30%
BMR - 2184 (HB) / 1990 (KH)
TDEE - 2621 (Sedentary) [Acquired through Fat 2 Fit calculators]
Current Calorie Intake - 1700 to 1900 daily
Suggested Calorie Intake - 2097

Exercise - Brisk Walk 3.5 MPH (5 times a week) / 15 Minutes
Strength Training (2 to 3 times a week) / 20 Minutes

My food Journal is up for inspection, and I have lately been trying to make sure every day is filled out (weekends are easy to miss accidentally).

Exercise: Strength training only works at a routine of Squats, Pushups, Lunges, Crunches, and Sit Ups. Started at 2 sets of 10, now moving to 2 sets of 15 by the end of this month. The walks are a brisk 15 minute, non-stop walk right after lunch.

Its been three weeks since I made adjustments to calorie intake and exercise, the brisk walks making the majority of it. The Strength training is purely for toning purposes, not weight loss, but I figured safe to mention it. Also, calorie intake, the numbers I tell are during a normally scheduled day, but I try to meet my calorie intake of 2097 every day (not always successful).

That's about all the info I can dig up, feel free to ask for more. Any suggestions would be helpful, insights taken into account, and just general review of this would be highly appreciated. Just an FYI, leave the negativity at home. If you wanna criticize something, suggest an alternative, offer something better than 'you're doing it wrong', please.

Replies

• tptouchdown
    tptouchdown Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your dedication! I don't really have any suggestions for you. It sounds like you don't over do it with the exercise so you are not starving yourself. Keep up the good work.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I think most people will tell you to switch from higher rep lower weights to lower rep higher weights in regards to strength training.
    Other than that it looks like you've got a plan!
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your dedication! I don't really have any suggestions for you. It sounds like you don't over do it with the exercise so you are not starving yourself. Keep up the good work.

Both exercises, on estimate, burn 100 calroies.
  • Marksman21
    Options
    I think most people will tell you to switch from higher rep lower weights to lower rep higher weights in regards to strength training.
    Other than that it looks like you've got a plan!

Bare in mind I only do Body Weight. I'm not using any other weights (Save my cats, both 10 lbs, but they don't take too kindly to it.) So what would you suggest? Slow down the exercise and move it to say... 3 sets of 5?
  • Marksman21
    Options
    *Bumps* A little more feedback is appreciated. I'm sure there's more to say.
  • Marksman21
    Options
    Last bump. Promise. Just trying to get as much feedback as I can.