Breakfast ideas

lcrichar
lcrichar Posts: 8
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I do not have enough time to really sit down to a good breakfast. I have about 5 minutes to prepare breakfast every morning and I have to eat on the go. I usually have bagel thins with cream cheese but that is too many calories for breakfast. I would love to know your ideas!!:happy:

Replies

• ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Scramble some eggs and throw them in a high fibre tortilla with some salsa.
    Prepare a fruit salad once or twice a week and take in a to go container with a fibre one bar
    Make a smoothie with some soy milk and some frozen fruit and yogurt

Those are my 'go to' breakfast meals. :ohwell:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    I LOVE to have aTrader Joes whole wheat english muffin with 1 tsp almond butter and some fruit. My fav way to start the day.
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    I "fry" up enough eggs for one week, put them in individual baggies, do the same with a slice of Trader Joe's Sprouted Wheatberry Bread, make a fruit salad (enough for a week) & take it with me. I can toast the bread, warm up the egg & it is all done for me on the weekend. This breakfast is totally filling too.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Some of the protein bars are good for grab and go or the Kashi granola bars.. boil some eggs and take an egg with a cheese stick..
  • When I am really pressed for time I take a hard boiled egg with me. I toast an english muffin (100 calorie high fiber variety) and slice the egg to eat like a sandwich. I also have an egg and mufin toaster to make little egg muffin sandwiches.

I do the bagel thins with WW cream cheese. Portion controlled cream cheese is the only way I don't go overboard.

I like fruit and a yogurt too.
  • Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt, your choice of flavors, mixed with your choice of fruit (1 serving) and a South Beach Maple Nut Protein Bar crumbled up on top. One of my favorites. I also like one nutri-grain eggo topped with Dannon Light and Fit and some fruit. Both are super quick to fix.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    1/2 cup quick oats (150 calories)
    1 cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soy Milk (60 calories)
    1 large banana sliced up (105 calories)
    1/2 tbsp. (or to taste) Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pie spice (approx. 10 calories)
    1 tbsp. raw almonds (optional)

I whip this up in a tubberware container in the morning and then eat it at my desk at work. It's super quick and delicious. I've been eating it every morning for months now and I'm still not tired of it!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    special k fruit thin bars, granola bars, yogurt, hard boiled egg, fruit, toast with peanut butter, any of these are quick and good
  • 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1/4 cup of uncooked old fashioned oats, 1/2 a banana, and a sprinkle of cinnamon mixed up in a coffee cup. I eat while getting dressed in the morning.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    i like the myoplex light shakes....
    or instant oatmeal. ..

sometimes i just pack a whole bunch of fruit and some dry cereal like cheerios (plain not sweetened) to eat once i get to work.
  • Max_Power
    Max_Power Posts: 84 Member
    One of my favorite cereals has always been Frosted Mini Wheats. Now I take regular unsweetened Shredded Wheat, or sometimes Shredded Wheat & Bran for extra fiber, and I sprinkle a serving of vanilla whey protein powder on it before I add the cup of skim milk. Tastes just as good as the old sugar frosted version. Sure there's a little sugar in the vanilla protein powder, but definitely a better choice overall.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    right now my go to breakfast is 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, a yogurt (varying the flavor all the time) and maybe a tbsp of low fat granola.. follow it up with 1/2 mixed nuts of some sort..
  • I enjoy Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. High in protein and low in calories, very filling.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    On the go? Two Ryvita Muesli crisps (they're good for protein because of the nuts and very high fibre, plus just a hint of sweet because they have black currants in them -- 130 cal for 2) with a tablespoon of no sugar no salt added peanut butter at 90 cal. Add a piece of fruit maybe.

You could also make a skim milk latte for about 125 cal (12 oz milk 4 oz espresso) to go with it and take it in a thermos.

Mirii
  • Thanks for all the ideas!! I have decided to cook up eggs to put on my bagel thins so I can heat them up and run! I also am baking the fiber one blueberry muffins!!! They are delicious and can just grab and go! I think it is a good idea to not become monotonous with what I eat !!

Thanks!
  • Hi! I like an English muffin toasted with light peanut butter (I'm a runner so I love the protein!), scrambled eggs, watermelon, a piece of toast with strawberries, a pita pocket with hummus or celery with hummus. I eat breakfast on the go too and I've found these are delicious! I also agree that its a good thing to mix up your meals so you dont get tired of something. I know that when I repeat the same thing over and over thats when I really want something like McDonalds for breakfast lol.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Right now I am on a fresh fruit smoothie kick. I always had trouble with getting my fruit in so I take 1 cup of Blue diamond almond milk and add strawberries and blueberries that I have prefrozen with one banana. Put it all in a blender and yummy. Quick and easy and my fruit is all taken care of.
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    My quick breakfast is the Starbucks spinach wrap. 280 cal w/ egg white and wheat wrap. Filling and a reasonable amount of calories for breakfast for the person on the go.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Whole grain toast with lite peanut butter and mashed banana = MY FAVOURITE

And then I also like whole oats porridge with honey and salt.

And in the weekends blueberry, banana cottage cheese pancakes which are amazing!! Here's the recipe

MAKES 12 4-INCH PANCAKES (1 serving equals 2 pancakes)
    1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    3/4 cup egg substitute (equal to 3 eggs)
    1/4 cup skim or fat-free milk
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 cup blueberries
    1 Banana

To Make: Combine the cottage cheese, egg substitute, milk, and flour in blender. Blend until smooth. Add the banana and blend again. Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray. When hot, pour in batter to make 12 pancakes. (If pan is small, you may have to cook in batches). Sprinkle each pancake with blueberries. Cook until golden brown on both sides. The blueberries add so much great flavor that they taste delicious without a topping. If you do want to add something, try sugar-free syrup, which will save you hundreds of calories over the regular version.

:)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Whole grain toast with lite peanut butter and mashed banana = MY FAVOURITE

And then I also like whole oats porridge with honey and salt.

And in the weekends blueberry, banana cottage cheese pancakes which are amazing!! Here's the recipe

MAKES 12 4-INCH PANCAKES (1 serving equals 2 pancakes)
    1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    3/4 cup egg substitute (equal to 3 eggs)
    1/4 cup skim or fat-free milk
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 cup blueberries
    1 Banana

To Make: Combine the cottage cheese, egg substitute, milk, and flour in blender. Blend until smooth. Add the banana and blend again. Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray. When hot, pour in batter to make 12 pancakes. (If pan is small, you may have to cook in batches). Sprinkle each pancake with blueberries. Cook until golden brown on both sides. The blueberries add so much great flavor that they taste delicious without a topping. If you do want to add something, try sugar-free syrup, which will save you hundreds of calories over the regular version.

:)

Sounds super yummy! Can this be made sans the banana (allergy) ?
This discussion has been closed.