New to Myfitnesspal

Options
How did you get started? I became a member but its been hard to get into a routine. How did you guys start off?

Replies

• buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The app that you can download on your phone helped me get into the routine!
  • cjgarcia86
    cjgarcia86 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am new also, and have had the app for 10 days. Looking at all my old pretty dresses keeps me going everyday.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I need concrete goals that are realistic with actual milestones. My first goal was to get my weight to "normal/healthy" range, which I've accomplished. now rather than pounds I'm focusing on body fat. My goal is to have 20% body fat. I want this to happen by the end of the year.

At the same time I'm working towards flat abs and defined arms. Along with my physical image, I'm trying to clear my diet of garbage and eat a fantastic diet of lean proteins, whole grains, and lots of vegetables, which is also helping with my fat loss goals.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    set your goals
    set a time frame for yourself
    and go for it
    Have fun, because,
    taking control gives you a great up lift
  • beckyboooo87
    beckyboooo87 Posts: 366
    Options
    I only joined a few days ago, but since i have ive managed to stick to my calorie goal by tracking it all, added some friends everyones very kind and surportive :) reading other people sucsess stories helps inspire me..
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I heard about MFP after watching a youtube video on it by Brandon Campbell aka Campbell Fitness
    I was new to bodybuilding and was learning about diet. At first I was just using it to track Calorie & Protein intake. Then I got into If It Fits Your Macros and learned more about Macro & Micronutrients. Been using it just about every day since. I love MFP.

Welcome new members. Feel free to add!
  • redrosehollie
    redrosehollie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's great motivation ..Thanks!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I think Nike said it best:

"Just do it".

I just remind myself that there is only one person I am accountable to: ME. Ask yourself: Is there anyone who deserves to succeed more than you. Just remember who you are doing this for. Be proud of yourself. Small baby steps.

You can do it. So just do it.
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It is a mind thing I knew I had to do it if I wanted to live a long healthy life...I found this website by it poping up on the corner of my computer screen. BEST decision I EVER MADE:)

WELCOME and I wish you nothing but the best on your weightloss journey:)