I'm new and looking for support

Options
Hello,

My name is Ashley and I live in Houston TX - my boyfriend of 4yrs and I have recently had some serious talks about getting married and it's inspired me to look my best on my big day. While we haven't set a date yet or made anything official - I really would like to get a head start on that for myself and for my future. I've been trying to lose weight for years and I've never been able to do it consistently. I'm open to guidance and support - so any tips you have, I'm open!

Replies

• cjjohnson
    cjjohnson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How much are you looking to loose?
  • lolarun_88
    Options
    twenty pound would be great for me...
  • Angiepackmom4
    Options
    Congrats on your "engagement". I am trying to lose weight for my brother's wedding in September. Welcome. Glad you found this website. We can help support each other if you would like.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, welcome to a great site for support
  • clwatlington
    clwatlington Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you will find the site very helpful and the people ver supportive. Good luck to you.
  • sgssmile
    sgssmile Posts: 62
    Options
    Ashley-You can get support here. I would start off by making sure you log in all your food and exercise every day, it is an easy habit to get into. When you start seeing how many calories some of the things we eat are it makes you think twice, especially when you start losing because you work so hard to get it off. I have found some "treat" that tase good but aren't "bad". You will get into a pattern and see some results and be encouraged, plus you have such a great goal!!!! Your wedding pictures are forever. You can do it and I promise there is lot's of support here, do you have a reasonable goal? Don't make it impossible to reach. Well welcome neighbor, I am in Dallas y'all.
    Susan
  • englisa
    englisa Posts: 9
    Options
    grand total is 80lbs but baby step goal is to lose 20-25 by my 25th birthday - oct 10th - just got back on the work out regiment but biggest obstacle is consistency - so any tips on how to push through it would be good.