It was really this simple the whole time?

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    ...the answer all along was eat less, move more, pay attention, give a damn. For the first time, I know I am going to lose the weight that's bogged me down for 30 years, because it's just simple math! I literally cannot fail.

I feel the same way. All those years of blaming everything but myself as to why I was slowly gaining weight, why I couldn't lose weight...all just self-deluding excuses so I could keep eating too much. It really does just come down to math. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's simple.
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Congrats! Love your attitude! It's infectious (in a great way)! Sending friend request. :)
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    HOORAY for YOU!! Sometimes it just takes a little more time for some of us (me included) for the light bulb to go on. Continued success!!

Thanks! And your ticker makes me smile every time I see it :)
  • ZombieEarhart
    Fantastic! It is curious how you need that mental switch to flick over to make things work for you! Perhaps you could talk to my brother - I know he is struggling! Keep on logging and losing

Yeah, it's hard to watch people you love struggle when you feel like you've 'got it.' But I know if I went back in time, I wouldn't be able to listen to my future self or understand how doable it could be, and how worth it it is. I just had to get to a 'place.' Hope your brother finds his!
  • tuckersmom72
    tuckersmom72 Posts: 8 Member
    I read your post and it was exactly what I have been thinking, was it really that easy. Why didn't I do this sooner. Oh well, it comes with age. Anyway I feel better and am losing weight. Good luck to everyone.
  • ZombieEarhart
    I feel the same way. People hate asking me for weight loss advise. It's like the shortest conversation ever, "Eat Less", period, end of conversations. Come to think of it, I better work on my social skills.

Congrats on your weight loss, and "getting" it.

Haha, yeah the one thing this has not helped is my social skills. I'm pretty loquacious, but at a work part last month I couldn't think of anything to say that wasn't 'Have you ever heard of calories? They're amazing!'
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    So many people confuse simple for easy. Weight loss is fairly simple, but it's hardly ever easy.
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    awesome job :)

very inspirational :)

I hate that I have known the answer all along but couldn't force myself to do it

and I used to be one of those super fit people :(
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Great post,! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ...the answer all along was eat less, move more, pay attention, give a damn. For the first time, I know I am going to lose the weight that's bogged me down for 30 years, because it's just simple math! I literally cannot fail.

I feel the same way. All those years of blaming everything but myself as to why I was slowly gaining weight, why I couldn't lose weight...all just self-deluding excuses so I could keep eating too much. It really does just come down to math. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's simple.

For real. I was just thinking of a conversation I had with my sister a few years ago, complaining that our mom didn't send me to fat camp as a kid- and while we talked I consumed a huuuge restaurant meal. Talk about self delusion!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    I feel the same way... great post!

Congrats on your loss so far!
  • Way to go!!! You are kicking tush!! I totally agree with you about past "half hearted attempts." You're doing awesome, keep it up. :)
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Grats! Good job. =)

Now, how to make the rest of the world realize what we know? It would just save so many people sooo many years of self destruction and self hatred.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    I love this post! Good luck with calorie counting!

I totally agree that gives you the most control over your weight loss. Want a cookie? Fine, have one.. just log it and eat less of something else. Basically just lets you live your life while making small manageable adjustments that all add up to a healthier lifestyle. :)
  • ddhdml
    ddhdml Posts: 22 Member
    I know...right!?!?! I started 45 days ago and have lost almost 14 lbs. It is sooo easy. I mean even when i think i'm being bad, i enter the food and it's not quite as bad as i thought! Sometimes i have to come up with enough calories for the day, not starving here!!!

And way to go girl!!!!
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    you are a true inspiration !!! ive fallen off the wagon the last couple weeks and my exercise has pretty much come to a stand still but reading this is gonna get my butt moving more !!! thank you for sharing your story
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    You know what?

You got this.

You can do it.

It's within your locus of control.

You go girl!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    One of the best posts I've read on here! I love it!
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Good for you, great attitude! I'm the same, keep reminding myself it's a formula and it is simple! I had battled psychologically for so long thinking I just didn't have what it takes to be in control of my weight, it felt like it was impossible. It's really not and believing you can do this is key. Just takes time and consistency. If you fall down, just get back up again. Keep going!
  • gpark33
    gpark33 Posts: 9
    Welcome! so exciting! I've been on MFP for almost a year now and was getting blasé about it. I'd reached my goal weight and then started getting sloppy after hurting my knee running and had to cut back on exercise. Your enthusiasm and positive energy gives me encouragement to get "back on the wagon" and try harder. Just a couple weeks of not being vigilant (eating sugar, over-eating) and I've gained about 5 pounds back!! Arghh!! Thanks for the wake up call!