It was really this simple the whole time?

Options

Replies

• sisa1965
    sisa1965 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    our stories are so much alike.. I keep telling myself was it really this easy all along and what took me so long to figure it out. Thanks for sharing your story and KEEP UP the GOOD WORK!!!!!!
  • cheetah423
    cheetah423 Posts: 2
    Options
    I signed up some time ago, and if you notice by my profile, I fluctuated drastically over few years. I am aiming to quit fluctuating and to establish a ground and maintain it. My goal is to get to 140 at least for now and from there we shall see. I hope to maintain this log. I like this site so far.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I love your post! I am so happy for you.
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's hard to watch people you love struggle when you feel like you've 'got it.' But I know if I went back in time, I wouldn't be able to listen to my future self or understand how doable it could be, and how worth it it is. I just had to get to a 'place.' Hope your brother finds his!

This^^^
    If I could convince my Family to do this I would but it has to be done on their own. I have been told before that the "secret" is to eat less and exercise more but did I listen? Nope! I had to do it on my own! It is easy in a way and even a little fun but that does not mean that it isn't a struggle every day.

Keep up the good work you have started. You Rock!
  • Blessedby2boys
    Blessedby2boys Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yay! I just "got it" thanks to the app! It really is simple. Congrats on your journey! Inspiring
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with your post more! There is no magic pill, no matter how much we want one. I'm only just realizing this myself. Thank you for sharing! Here's to continued success!
  • amartinigirl
    Options
    What a great post and so wonderful for you.
    Thanks for you inspiring story.. and keep going!!
  • ThinMeant1205
    Options
    Amazing. Keep it up. Be encouraged! Dedication will pay off~!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This is a great post!!! Love this!

I have spiral notebooks for daily weighing with day after day at higher weights (I need to lose about 10-15 more-gained 30 over 20 years that would just NOT budge!!!)

Anyway, since joining this and logging, posting with friends etc. I lost 11 pounds and I am keeping most of it off. I need to commit again to get it moving down, but it was the best to go to the dr and have him tell me I lost 11 pounds!

Love your post!!! Keep up your hard, but very positive work!!!
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more! I've spent my whole life thinking that I am just a chubby person, that it's genetics. I am almost embarrassed at how easy it has been so far (I have a little ways to go still). ::headpalm:: If only I had realized sooner that calorie counting WAS actually the answer.... and that I know jack Sh*& about health and fitness. A few hours online researching and MFP was all it took.
  • ThinMeant1205
    Options
    Hello all of you wonderful people. My name is Patricia and my goal is to lose weight the right way. I am both mentally and physically ready for this journey. If you need any encouragement, I am here for you. I love helping people and seeing them happy because they did not have to go it alone. Be encouraged because this too shall pass!

~Patricia AKA ThinMeant1205
  • ThinMeant1205
    Options
    I hear ya!!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Love this! Congratulations on what you've accomplished and may your journey take you places you've only imagined!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Love the attitude and the simplicity. Keep it up!
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can hear the positivity and happiness in your post and I am thrilled for you. You have already done such a great job and I, too, know you will make it to where you want to be. Stick with the great attitude and logging. All the best.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options

I cannot believe it took an ipad app to make me realise that the answer all along was eat less, move more, pay attention, give a damn. For the first time, I know I am going to lose the weight that's bogged me down for 30 years, because it's just simple math! I literally cannot fail. I have never felt so in control of my life, so confident in my abilities, so hopeful about my future.

^^I cannot agree more! Overweight or obese my entire life!!! Finally getting it under control! My iPhone and two little apps (MFP and 5K Runner) have totally changed my life!!! Congratulations!!! All I can say for you and for me..."Welcome to the rest of your life!! Enjoy!" :-)
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I agree! It's really that simple! I need to lose about 35 lbs and I just started this app. My daughter just started and told me about it. I am not as hungry as I was on Weight Watchers. With that, I would get hungry and mess up. With this, I haven't gotten hungry and that is the key! I LOVE this! And it's so easy. I eat pretty much the same thing every day and even have room for my beloved Michelob Ultras, LOL! So happy I found this and congrats to you on your success so far!
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Our stories sound the same. I've tried this website in the past, only to give up on myself and give in to temptation and then blame it on the website for not being flexible enough. If I knew then what I know now I would have paid attention to the faces of everyone that I told that story (EXCUSE) to and I would have known that none of them were laughing WITH me, they were all laughing AT me and the fact that I was refusing to take control of my life. Now today they are all toasting TO me.
    !!!
    CONGRATS TO YOU AND ALL OF YOUR SUCCESS ON THIS WONDERFUL JOURNEY:drinker:
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Enjoy your good felling, and keep it up!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options

I cannot believe it took an ipad app to make me realise that the answer all along was eat less, move more, pay attention, give a damn.

/\
    This!!!!
    Allow me to add two items to that mantra..........nutrition and consistency. Nutrition forever and consistency long term (same as forever).

Fantastic job! Next goal?