Tips for getting motivated in the morning?

Options
I get up in the morning, have an espresso and some water, and then hit the bike trainer for some HIIT. Some mornings it is very difficult to get moving and not think about hitting snooze. I do it, but usually with a few choice words as I am rolling out of bed. Anyone else have this issue, and if so any suggestions how to help motivate myself first thing in the morning?

Replies

• chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I put my workout in my phone's schedule, so it pops up on the screen. If I snooze, it just comes back again, and then I feel guilty for snoozing in the first place!

Maybe try some music in the morning. I'm not a morning music person myself, but if you're having trouble getting moving, that might help.

The other thing that comes to mind is maybe you don't like what you're doing in the morning. If it's not exciting or fun, maybe there is another workout option that would suit you more.

Good luck!
  • MyPresent
    MyPresent Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would suggest doing several things...It's been working for me:
    I prepare my workout clothes, shoes, gym bag, etc, the night before.
    I make sure I go to bed no later than 10pm to be able to sleep enough hours and wake up early.
    I set my alarm and place my phone a little far away from my bed, so that I have to get out of bed to turn off the alarm...once you are up...then just immediately start getting dressed.
    I actually log in to MFP after turning off the alarm. Just seeing how many friends are up and working out makes me feel motivated.
    Join a team so you feel more committed to reach your daily workout goals.
    Do not eat dinner to late and do not eat too heavy if you are planning to workout in the morning.
    I've heard that after you repeat a routine for 22 consecutive days, then it becomes a habit...try it out! :)
    Hope this helps!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I used to love morning workouts, and then I got in a funk......Have been struggling myself with morning workouts....and know that when I did them in the morning I felt awesome all day long....After I get through this bout of broncitis that I have come down with that is my goal to get back to morning workouts......For me when I did it there was accountability...I was the first one to post on a facebook support group each day that my workout was done.....Don't hesitate to add me as a friend and maybe we can motivate each other for morning workouts.
  • travlinmel101
    travlinmel101 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    ...I set my alarm and place my phone a little far away from my bed, so that I have to get out of bed to turn off the alarm...once you are up...then just immediately start getting dressed...
    Hope this helps!

Thanks for the original question! And thank you, MyPresent, for this suggestion!!