Hello - Momma Needs Motivation

cansnchloe
cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I have two lovely children (6 years old and 9 months old) and I need to lose 50 pounds! I am home quite a bit with them both plus a few other kids from the neighborhood and going nuts trying to stick to a food plan. Tater tots and Pop Tarts are everywhere, not to mention the Happy Meals. I need HELP!

I got high blood pressure during my 2nd pregnancy and still 9 months after delivery am taking meds to keep it down. I really, really want off the medicine with all of my heart and hope that my weight loss will help.

Happy to find such a supportive site and already have made a few friends that are super helpful.

Replies

• scrappymel
    scrappymel Posts: 107 Member
    welcome! it is hard to stay on track with those yummy kiddo foods around! i let my daughter pick ONE junky food at the market each week and just buy lots of healthy snacks. keeps me on track and it's good for her too. good luck on your journey! friend me if you want.
  • welcome to MFP! this site gives me so much motivation. Friend me if you want!
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Hi,
    Me too :) There's always kids in our house and it gets tiresome .... the kind of tired only chocolate can cure...but there's got to be a better cure.. right (?)

I'll try to "friend" you.... but I'm not sure how to do it.
  • Lucindaq
    Lucindaq Posts: 25
    Hi welcome to MFP! I agree with the other member suggesting everybody to eat healthier. Also, try eating before your kids eat so that you are full before all their good food is out. You will lose weight if you keep with this website. I have lost 22 lbs! It works! Good luck!
  • singcoz528
    singcoz528 Posts: 154
    Hi!

Happy meals can be great sometimes! get a happy meal with the kids but get chicken nuggets and apples! I get it all the time lol.

Good luck! We can be each others accountability buddies! Haha.

This is a great site! I used it before I got preggers and lost almost 40 pounds! But its a lot harder when you have a little one to worry about! I guess you would know that!

See you around!
This discussion has been closed.