Do you own a scale?

Options
DO you own a scale? I don’t, I tend to get obsessive and weigh myself every day. I wonder if I’m the only one who has thrown it out? I know I have lost weight and am genuinely curious as to how much… Wonder if its time to take the plunge and buy one again.... But, I think its better to look better and feel better rather than obsess about a number. :)

PS! I always need more friends so click ADD!

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have one, but after obsessing for years, I put it up and only allow myself to weigh once a week....when I remember....I let that thing control too much of my life. I totally agree about going by how you look but more importantly how you feel.
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have one... and dread stepping on it! Here's a tip: If you want to only weigh yourself one a week, don't leave it in the bathroom where you will be every day... I wash laundry once a week, so a good place for me to keep it is in the laundry room. Out of sight, out of mind! Just think of a place in your home where you don't go that often.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I don't own one, but I use the one at my parent's house when I visit on weekends. That way it's not around to tempt me during the week.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    you can always go to the gym and weigh yourself... or your doctors office. they're usually pretty acurate and then you still dont have the ability to obsess over it
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I use the one you pay for in the chemist, always the same one mind. I only weigh in once a week then, would be tempted to do it all the time.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My "official" weight is at home on sunday mornings, but I do get weighed when I give plasma twice a week and i like to weigh myself before and after my cycling class (my indication of how hard I worked).
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do own one actually 2, but I don't obsess about it. I weigh on Tuesday mornings and thats it. My scale tells not just the weight but water, body fat so I do think my weighing is about a number. I know there are a lot of people that are always on the scale looking.
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    No... once a week I use the one at the gym(ok maybe more).... it is a nice dr. office type scale... or I can use the one at work in the medical office. i use them enough between those two that I would drive myself bananas if I had one at home.
  • marlenia
    marlenia Posts: 33
    Options
    I MUST have my scale!!! I weigh daily. If I see it fluctuate I just press harder when I exercise. It helps me a lot. I don't officially count the "weight" but once a week but I do often weigh.
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have one, and the one of the first things I do each morning is weigh... it sounds obsessive im sure, but when i don't lose anything, i usually know why, so it keeps me somewhat accountable. i recently put on two pounds, eating out and poorly and not really working out or at least coasting through workouts. when i got on the scale and saw the weight increase, i really started to booted and lost the 2 pounds super quick.... so while i weigh every day, i don't let it drag me down each day, it keeps me focused

1026866.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Izzybackyet
    Options
    I have two, a 'good' scale and a 'bad' scale ,for some reason one of them puts 7 pounds on me compared to my actual weight. I don't use them every day ,just when I feel I need to check in.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I MUST have my scale!!! I weigh daily. If I see it fluctuate I just press harder when I exercise. It helps me a lot. I don't officially count the "weight" but once a week but I do often weigh.

Same here. I NEED to weigh myself daily to get that sense of motivation or satisfaction. I usually weigh myself on the wii using wii fit. My bathroom scale is nutty!
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options

I have a digital scale and record my wt on Thurs. and Mon. mornings but I often weigh myself in between to make sure I'm still heading in the right direction. It hasn't been a problem for me at least if you weigh yourself at the same time every day, and I agree with the above, it seems to push me to exercise even more.
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself too much, but when I see the scale at the gym I compulsively weigh myself. But at I home I tend to avoid mine.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i have one but i hide it and weigh myself only once a week. if i leave it out i will step on it every time i see its rather ocd like.