new to fitness pal

Options
hello all, just wanted to say hi and to say im starting my new diet on monday and i will keep everyone updated on my progress. im 49, i have asthma pretty bad so im limited to what type of exercise i can do. i just started walking a couple weeks ago, i have a desk job so im sitting all day which doesnt help. im up to 2 1/2 miles walking and i try to ride my stationary bike at least 2 1/2 miles a day, wish me luck and i smoke, my bad. i weigh 170 lbs. and im 5'4 and im big boned and pretty solid, most of the extra weight is around my midsection, plus im going thru menopause

Replies

• krisakira
    Options
    Yay another stationary biker! I just started exercising and am up to 20 minutes a day, and it says i go around 3.2 miles. I get athlete's asthma, so I can't run more than a few feet. But i seem to be able to do the biking easily so i'll stick to that. Anyway, welcome to MFP and hope you get the support and motivation that ive gotten since i joined 2 days ago! You can friend me if you want
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!! :happy:
  • aldeaner
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just joined today and filled out my calorie counts for today. I didn't realize that I was eating so much! I have gone over my recommended count by 533 calories! Tomorrow, that's NOT going to happen!!!