I can deadlift 90 lbs :D

Options
alliebeth88
alliebeth88 Posts: 59 Member
I can't believe it! I started NROLFW stage one exactly 1 week ago. I also was looking into other programs and decided that I am going to squat and deadlift every workout (3x/week).

Today I went to do my squats and was able to squat 65 lbs for 2 x 15, which made me pretty happy.
THEN, I did a couple of warm up deadlifts with the 75 lbs I used on Monday/Wednesday. Pretty easy...put it up to 85...still pretty easy for 1x5. Loaded up 90 lbs and was able to do 3x5! I probably could have put on more, but I also had pushups to do today and wanted to make sure I could finish my workout. Plus I wanted to keep good form (I keep a full length mirror next to me when I workout to make sure I'm not slacking off on my form).

Hoping to get up to 100 lbs next week. I still can't believe I can lift that much. Even more I can't believe I didn't start lifting sooner!

Replies

• cortexx
    cortexx Posts: 15
    Options
    Very nice work! It feels great seeing your numbers go up, and it's addictive ;)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Deadlifting every workout is a fast track to injury and burnout. Just saying. I love deadlifting, but only do it every other workout. You will need the rest.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!