I need advice

Options
Ok so today I have had a little less that 600 calories...I get it that's not enough but I am just not hungry!!! This is the second day my calorie intake has been this low and I am worried that I will make my body go into starvation mode and that I won't lose any weight because I keep reading about that! Should I force myself to eat to make up some calories tonight?

Replies

• krisakira
    Options
    yes.
  • mara16bryan
    Options
    You need to eat! Plan your foods ahead of time so that you are getting enough calories and not leaving it to chance or loading up on several hundred calories of junk before bed. You will get there - it does take some getting used to, but you definitely don't want to go into starvation mode. Eat thoughtfully and nourish your body and it will thank you :-)
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Its ok if you have reached a point where you are not so hungry. Personally, I get really hungry before my period and then not hungry at all after for a day or two. And thats ok. But, you have to make sure you are taking in enough for your body to operate properly. Personally, I would have a glass of skim milk and a piece of fruit. That should give you another 200 roughly.

Please make sure you are recording your calories properly. When I first started I would measure the bigger stuff but would overlook or guess on things like how big my piece of fruit really was or the exact amount of milk in my cereal. And it turned out to make a huge difference.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    EAT!!! but if for some reason you just cant...why not drink your calories! drink some milk or a protein shake..just get those calories up!
  • alphaip
    alphaip Posts: 86
    Options
    You gotta eat....I love the idea of a skim milk protein shake - 400 calories or so - but works great if you are not hungry. I'm jealous.
  • scompton73
    scompton73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add good high calories to your diet such as eating peanut butter with an apple, Your body works best when it is given the right amount of fuel. Try to add something little to each meal.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    best advice is drink ur calories if u are really not hungry grab some protein powder and a bunch of fruits and skim milk and make a smoothie... i had this problem where i was never hungry... this way ur getting in calories but ur not forcing food down ur throat... also try eating light all day like every hour eat something small hope this helps :]
  • Needtoslimdown
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I like the idea of drinking the calories! I have got to get this thing figured out! I am a big snacker and a junk food junkie so in cutting that stuff out and just eating healthy and working out more...I am not hungry and I am also scared that I will pick up junk food so sometimes it is easier for me to stay away. But thanks for the advice I will try that!
  • kekehunee
    kekehunee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your problem.....I am a junk food junkie too! It is like I am detoxing LOL....so I have to make myself eat and plan everything out....I set my alarm to wake at the same time every a.m just so I can make myself eat. I increase my calorie intake everyday with lots of fiber, protein and complex carbs. I have lost weight before so I am a pro at the nutrition but I have totally let myself go and need to loose 100lbs. Needless to say I am starting all over again and it feels so much harder because I am so much more heavier but I know I can do it and so can you!