Quest for Better Health and Weight Loss

Options
Hi everyone,

I aim to lose 20 pounds. I never used to have a weight problem. Now I have a muffin top! And a sizable one!

Over the past few years, I piled on about 20 plus pounds due to a torn achilles tendon (took forever to heal and prevented me from effective cardio), being a 58 year old woman with a desk job, and here's a big one: being on a blood thinner for the rest of my life.

The blood thinner I am on is very sensitive to foods rich in Vit K (which are most of your leafy green veggies used in weight loss plans).

Anyway, I am back to brisk walking on the treadmill for extended periods of time, have now added weight training, and have joined in on the June ab crunch challenge.

But the Vit K issue continues to be a challenge.

Here's a question: I notice that according to myfitness pal, I am restricted to 24 grams of sugar per day. Wow! Even with being good and striving for a healthy diet, I still exceeded my sugar quota by about 17 grams both days I have been tracking it.

Am I the only one who struggles with this? Any suggestions?

Replies

• cindy5761
    cindy5761 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi there, I am also over my sugar and just eating healthy...I think the sugar is off...I used a different tracking program years ago and the sugar was fine.....seems the protein is a little low from what I used before too. I wouldn't worry about it too much if you are eating healthy foods..... Good luck!!
  • KindleKate
    KindleKate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Cindy - I thought the same thing about the protein.