12 pounds 4 weeks?

Options
I'm not sure I'm posting in the right section but here it goes. I would really like to lose 12 pounds before my up coming surgery in early July. I'm wondering if it would be possible to lose the twelve pounds in that short of a time frame. I carry all my weight in my stomach. I'm not using a gym I'm just doing weight loss at home for now. I currently walk at least 30mins a day. Plus a bit of weight training every second day. Does this sound do able or am I setting myself up for failure?

Oh and my calorie intake is under 1200.

Replies

• ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I would look into the 30 Day Shred (You can search the forums for some pretty amazing before and after threads). It won't necessarily make the pounds drop off, but it does help with losing inches! Also, for a lot of the posts I've seen on the forums, it can make a pretty significant difference in how you look in just 30 days.

Also, how tall are you? If you're working out I'm thinking that 1200 calories is not going to be enough fuel for your body or to help with weight loss. IMO I would check your TDEE-20% and try and stick with or around that number. Many people (myself included) have had great, sustainable success with eating at their TDEE-20%.

Good luck and don't get discouraged! 12lbs in 4 weeks is 3 pounds a week? 1-2 is usually a good goal for most people...and considering how much or how little you have to lose to be at your goal weight it can be harder to reach a 1-2lbs a week goal, with this in mind, a program that focuses more on body recomp (like 30ds) might give you better results than just calorie restriction alone.

I'm not an expert, just my advice - whatever it's worth :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Its not realistic.
  • thenextstep
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and on a "liquid diet". I'm on liquid diet until I get my surgery.
  • shortie_sarah
    shortie_sarah Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just started 8 days ago and have already lost 5.8 pounds. I aim for 1200 calories a day but never really get that much. I'm also taking a prescribed appetite suppressant which helps a ton! So I think it is possible...just may not be possible for everyone
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just started 8 days ago and have already lost 5.8 pounds. I aim for 1200 calories a day but never really get that much. I'm also taking a prescribed appetite suppressant which helps a ton! So I think it is possible...just may not be possible for everyone

This initial loss is most likely due to water weight. 1lb is 3500 calories, you would have to have a deficit of like 20,000 calories in only 8 days to lose 5.8lbs of fat. OP I would just try and be as healthy as possible the next few weeks and take the losses that come, the most important thing is to stay healthy and long term motivated.

Anyway, before a debate starts, I'm out. OP good luck and if you are getting ready for surgery I hope it goes well and you have a fast recovery!
  • thenextstep
    Options
    Thank you for the replys. I would also be happy with losing inches as I've only gained them in my stomach. Thank you for the luck!