To Ms. Know It All Nasty

Options
2»

Replies

• ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 yo. I had surgery in 2011 and gained a bunch of weight. Took up running to get it off (and to get my health issues under control). I was running about 3 miles in one shot at this time last year. I came on here for advice on what to do before a long run and *someone* posted I was like her, not a "real" runner and basically to give up. Thankfully a few others posted with advice about how to hydrate (which I truly, truly appreciated!!)

I'm up to 7.5 miles at a time now so to Ms. Know It All Nasty - "I'm not at all like you so bite me, B*tch.":devil:

And for the record, If you are in Florida and run at noon in the summer, you definitely need to hydrate night and morning before or you'll freaking die - even if you only run a couple of miles. I literally sweat off pounds, even on the 2.5 mile recovery runs. Also, I don't care if someone is running 50 yards or 50 miles. If they are running/jogging, they are a runner!

AMEN SISTER!!!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    "If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
    --John Bingham

Nice quote!!
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And way to not let her hold you back / down!

I had an experience like this as well... glad I kept on moving onward & upward!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    *** Love *** Never let anyone stop you from reaching your goals! :drinker:
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Why did you make a new thread for it? I don't really care that you did, but I don't understand why addressing the poster in the original thread is not enough...

Grats on your running by the way. 7.5 miles is awesome!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    this is true. theres no such thing as a real runner. people limit themselves for no reason. its sad.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's great that you're realizing your goals, but it doesn't reflect well on you when you use language like that. Overweight people here are always complaining about how they're the objects of nasty language. When I read posts like this, I think that you would have acted the same way had you had the advantage.
  • hammbone55
    hammbone55 Posts: 73
    Options
    Good for you! This is definitely a success story. I just re-started running a couple months ago after a couple year break and have increased my 5K time by 10 minutes already and I can finally run for the whole time.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    HAHAHa :flowerforyou:

I started with 3.15 miles. I'm hoping to be able to run it without stopping soon. I'm still stopping once :S

But I've made small accomplishments with time and how I feel :drinker:

This is fantastic! Nobody starts off running the whole way. So long as you enjoy, that's all that matters!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well said!

Running in Florida is hard work!! I'll be outside another month or so, and then onto the treadmill. The humidity is too much for me!!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!