Looking for some Friends/Support/People to Support

Options
I've been using this app tracker off and on for a year, but I got back seriously into it about two months ago (along with green smoothies every morning, 60-80 oz of water a day, and three work-outs a week) which has gone well since I've lost around 15lbs in the last two months doing it.

But I've never really used more than the iphone app. I'd love to know best to utilize the website/forums, and I'd really love to find some supporters (and people I can support/celebrate with, too!), because I think that would help me on my hard days and give me someone there to celebrate my good days. As it is a little hard when you're on on your own.

Anyone want a new friend?

Thanks,
Amanda

Replies

• WillieMN
    WillieMN Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've also been hit or miss with here but thanks to support from a MFP friend, I've been able to be more consistent logging in.
    I also do smoothies in the morning and think it really helps get a boost on nutrients to start the day.

I'd be happy to support you, as I know even if it's just a few friends it makes the difference.:happy:
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I *just* got into smoothies, almost exactly two months ago. I put it off forever, and then had friends on a weekend away talking about it so excitedly I decided I'd hold my nose and at least try it before continuing on wrinkling my nose unpleased at this whole thing. And now?

i'm in love. Massive. Head, heart, soul amazed.

I used to not eat breakfast, or I'd skimp buy with a cup of scrambled eggs and 20oz of tea (on, honestly, the mornings I remember to breakfast at all). And now I'm amazingly going out of my way to wake up a half an hour earlier to make it. I was lucky enough to get gifted with a refurbished Vitamix for my birthday at the beginning of May (from my mom/gramma).

But I can't stop now. I love it. I love tinkering with it (as of a day or two ago, I'm tossing around the idea of changing out all my plain water smoothie days for tea smoothies [just minus any sugar or tea]).

I, even, had this amazing break through last night because of them when I was headed somewhere I couldn't take food (A free Shakepeare in the Park play at our local Botanical Gardens), where the only food being sold would be unhealthy/expensive, and right on the cusp offdeciding to pass of eating dinner at all (which is a bad temptation and my worst personal fight with food/weight, remember/making myself eat) it hit me --

I could make a smoothie and toss in more vegetables & protein options, and it would be a healthy option to all of the above. I kind of spent the early evening on a high of realizing I had them now as a back up to impossible food situations, too. Which made me SO happy. Another option in my arsenal for staying happy and healthy even in tight situations.
  • Elaine625
    Elaine625 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yay!!!! I'm so glad you found me on here...always looking for more support and healthy friends..
  • MichelleMac58
    MichelleMac58 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you can stand having an old 54 (almost 55) year old friend....add me as a support! :smile: