Easy Roasted Veggies - OMG!!

Options
jaena4
jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
So I just made this tonight - very easy and yummy!!! Cut up a bunch of veggies (red peppers, parsnips, potatoes, sweet potatoes, red onions, butternut squash, etc etc etc) into bite-sized pieces. Make a dressing of 1/4 cup olive oil, a few tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and whatever else sounds good. Toss the veggies with the dressing and roast in a single layer at 475 degrees for 40ish minutes (although how long and how much dressing depends on how many veggies you make - I made a ton because they cook down quite a bit and they're delicious!!!).

Replies

• anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks. .will try!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sounds like yum, thanks!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I love roasted veggies. Throw in some Brussels sprouts too:)
  • Dolicious
    Dolicious Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yum!

My favorites for roasting are carrots or asparagus. Toss in a little olive oil, salt and pepper and in the oven they go!
    I usually toss the carrots with lemon juice afterwards, it's wonderful.

My next adventure will be trying broccoli - attempting to recreate a dish I had at Black Bottle in Seattle.
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use a Misto to spray on olive oil so I use less. LOOOVE roasted veggies.
  • 2bawallaby
    2bawallaby Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi I posted something very similar the other day. Delicious isn't it. l live on this now.
  • weeshaz74
    weeshaz74 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sounds good... think I wil try that today
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OMG, you invented roasted veggies.
  • leaton22
    leaton22 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wondering how many calories that is per cup? I sauted an onion, a green pepper, a red pepper and garlic. I added pasta sauce to it. Calorie list says 200 calories for just a cup of veggies in a little oil. Sound right?
  • 2bawallaby
    2bawallaby Posts: 17
    Options
    I put all of mine into the recipe builder and yes it works out about that. In mine I had a lot more vegies so I had leftovers, as I love eating them. Enjoy.