Cheat day ideas

Options
Tomorrow (well today) is my bday! I won't be tracking my calories, at least not until the end of the day. But I still want to allocate my calories the best way possible by eating things that are worth it.

I already have an Ihop pancake breakfast in mind, complete with bacon and eggs. For dinner, my family wants to eat Thai. Despite being Asian, we've never went out for Thai food so we're pretty excited about it. I expect to eat lots of pad thai, meat stir frys, and a seafood soup.

I have no idea what to eat for lunch or snacks in the afternoon. Just no cake or ice cream or pizza though since I've already had enough of those the last few days. What do you crave? Maybe it's something I'm craving too but don't know it lol It could be fast food, something from the grocery store, etc.

Replies

• MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    id say just have a blow out day as its ur birthday and then for the next week put in double effort on clas and exercise as that way u can enjoy ur day it come but once a year and youll probley find you eat sensible with out thing about it happy bday by the way
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    My birthday was the 30th!

I stuck with my IF so I ate all my calories at dinner

I indulged completly and went to Red Lobster for their lobster bisque soup and had FOUR chedder bay biscuits, I thought I was going to pop! I got the rasberry lemonade for 150 cals a glass and had 3 glasses

I had a fiberone brownie and a scoop of frozen yogurt for my brithday dessert and it was YUM!
  • AndreannaTamira
    Options
    Things I crave right now: sushi, pita bread with lots of vegetables and caramalized onion hummus (that hummus is sooooo good, but kind of evil on the calories), strawberries (fresh ones, personally picked. To bad it is winter right now where I live), cherries, hot chocolate with a tiny bit of cinnamon, Fassbrause (yeah, fat chance getting that anywhere here), fallafel wrap.

I am not sure if any of that is appealing to you, but happy birthday anyway, have a great one!
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options

I indulged completly and went to Red Lobster for their lobster bisque soup and had FOUR chedder bay biscuits, I thought I was going to pop! I got the rasberry lemonade for 150 cals a glass and had 3 glasses

I had a fiberone brownie and a scoop of frozen yogurt for my brithday dessert and it was YUM!

A brownie is something I want! I wish I could just buy 1 from Souplantation without going to their buffet.
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options

happy birthday for the 30th hope you had a good day
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    Things I crave right now: sushi, pita bread with lots of vegetables and caramalized onion hummus (that hummus is sooooo good, but kind of evil on the calories), strawberries (fresh ones, personally picked. To bad it is winter right now where I live), cherries, hot chocolate with a tiny bit of cinnamon, Fassbrause (yeah, fat chance getting that anywhere here), fallafel wrap.

I am not sure if any of that is appealing to you, but happy birthday anyway, have a great one!

The list is a little too healthy for me lol Plus I ate bad sushi the other time and got sick over it so it's still a bad memory for me. Thanks anyway, good night!
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think you are being very smart. It's your birthday so please enjoy it, but don't go and do what I'd do and say f it and then feel guilty in the evening, or worse, it ends up as a week long cheat.

You are thinking about healthy options, which is what you should be doing - you haven't forgot that this is a lifetime change not a diet.

Well done :D
  • AndreannaTamira
    Options

The list is a little too healthy for me lol Plus I ate bad sushi the other time and got sick over it so it's still a bad memory for me. Thanks anyway, good night!

Oi, flallafel wraps are not realy healthy. (neither is Fassbrause, it's a soda, after all).

But I guess you want no typical birthday foods but not "healthy" either? What about going to some good burger place and getting a burger then? Or making a nice potato salad? BBQ some stuff up in the backyard (I presume you live in the northern hemisphere so it is probably relative warm right now)?

I am probably not very good with the non-healthy ideas, sorry.

Bad sushi, though? eek! No, that would but me off it for a while, too.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Can you fit some exercise in to help make use of some of the calories?

On my last birthday I burnt 6000 calories or so from exercise, which nicely justified a 5000 calorie total consumption :).
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Came back to this thread for the fun!

Cheesecake sounds amazing, and a chocolate bar

Ooo or a milkshake with frenchfries YUM!

Nachos from the movie theathre

I'd really like some chips and salsa, or bbq potato chips all by themselves

Caramel sundae from McDs

Taco bell has churros - yummmm
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    For cheat day ideas go to my old thread and look at the pics. this is your answer. end thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/969114-food-orgasm?hl=food+orgasm
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Western bacon cheeseburger from Carl's jr? That's what I've been craving lately