Muffin Tops

Options
2»

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I think muffin tops are created when a girls wears those low rise jeans! It pushes your belly up and out. That's why I gave them up! :-)

This. Even when I had an eating disorder and looked like a Holocaust survivor I had a muffin top in low rise jeans.
    I can wear low rise jeans of the right size and NOT have a muffin top. I agree that it is more about trying to squeeze a size smaller jeans on to say you are in fact smaller than you are

When I had an eating disorder my low rise jeans only stayed up with belts. ;) by for your body not the size you want to be. Also it could just be your body type some women carry more there then others.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I like the stumps too
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put it out there, I actually like a little pooch.
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    Came for muffin gifs.
    Satisfied.
    And out.

haha
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    my partner is very skinny but after a heavy meal she some times has a muffin top so no I dnt think it makes you fat at all
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Muffin tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    Its usually to tight clothes. They never gave us new cheerleading uniforms for the whole of my last year at school and as we got more womanly loads of us had the muffin problem but that dint mean we were fat xxx
  • ohsnapitssummer
    ohsnapitssummer Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    It's the 2 sizes too small jeans that make the muffin top. I don't have that problem. I just have the love handles that seem to love me so much that they inhabit my body.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I get muffin tops for 2 reasons.

1. My general shape means that no trousers ever fit me properly. I have small hips and no waist (Even when I was a UK8 I had this issue. It is caused by the way my skeleton is put together) so If I buy clothes that fit my waist they fall immediately down. Total bummer! However, press ups and planks are helping my fake a waist so I hope this wont be an issue for ever!

2. I have fatness and child having loose skin. This always hangs out of my clothes and gives me a muffin top. Does this make me fat? No. It just makes me a mother who was very fat and is still a work in progress.

I do hate to see people in clothes that are clearly too small for them though! It just looks awful!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I think muffin tops are created when a girls wears those low rise jeans! It pushes your belly up and out. That's why I gave them up! :-)

This. Even when I had an eating disorder and looked like a Holocaust survivor I had a muffin top in low rise jeans.
    I can wear low rise jeans of the right size and NOT have a muffin top. I agree that it is more about trying to squeeze a size smaller jeans on to say you are in fact smaller than you are

When I had an eating disorder my low rise jeans only stayed up with belts. ;) by for your body not the size you want to be. Also it could just be your body type some women carry more there then others.

For me at least it has less to do with the size and more to do with the fact that low rise falls below the widest part of my hips where the bones stick out. Thus giving me a muffin top and making the jeans very hard to stay on without slipping off.