insanity vs tapout

Options
hi I was looking for input to either of these work outs as I know paying for stuff like these is usally a waste of money so before I pay up I wanted to hear from any one who has actually do this for them self and would like to know what results were good or bad please

Replies

• stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I have never heard of tapout but I am currently doing Insanity. I'm in my second week and I am loving it. I started at 122lbs and 22% body fat. So far I have lost 3.5lbs and down to 19.9% body fat. You do have to eat clean if you want the best results but I find this is also helping with my workouts.

It also depends on your current level of fitness as Insanity is very intensive and fast going but if your up for the challenge then I would say definately try Insanity. I have read that a lot of people with little fitness have tried Insanity and loved it so I guess its each to there own.

Best of luck and I would definately recommend Insanity :)
  • mray4423
    mray4423 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, never heard of tapout but I am on day four of insanity. It is pretty intense for me. I take breaks often throughout but if you push through its awesome. I've been drenched in sweat and sore everyday.lol
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    ok thanks you two ill order it on my next pay packet I have 13 days to increase my base fitness yeah tapout uses resistant bands and stuff

http://thanedirect.co.uk/products/fitness/tapoutxt/tapoutxt.php?utm_source=tapoutxt.com&utm_medium=url_redirect
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity twice and both TapouT XT & XT2. Personally if you want all cardio with a little bit of body strength then go for Insanity BUT if you want additional strength w/ some punching, kicking & cardio then do Tapout. Personally I LOVED both Tapout programs. XT2 kicked my *kitten* harder than any other program for some reason and I've done quite a few programs. You don't need to buy equipment for Insanity but you will need different types of resistance bands and leg bands (XT only).

Another bonus for Tapout is that Mike Karpenko (the guy that created it and is on it) will answer any questions that you have via facebook or twitter! He is super supportive to everyone and that made it more personal for me!!

Good luck with either but I noticed a bigger difference with Tapout rather than Insanity.
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    I was thinking of doing insanity then have a weeks rest then do tapout ex as my mate wants to do it too
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge insanity fan and am currently in week 2 of my second round. I've never done tapout but have seen the commercials, I'm sure they are similar in results/intensity, just different intervals, etc.

If you don't want to fully buy Insanity and just want to try it out there are many youtube videos of people doing the workouts. You can watch the people and follow along, many times you can also hear Shaun T. Gives you an idea of what it's like before you shell out all the money :)
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 rounds of Insanity and loved it but I have to say after doing Tapout I was hooked,I'll be starting it again once I'm done recovering from surgery,there's a big difference one is almost strictly cardio and one is strength training with bands their both good but I would recommend Tapout!