Did the squats make my bum bigger???

Options

Replies

• Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You can also do the butt bible, but do only the lower part workouts. All 3 are free on youtube.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you're eating at a deficit like you said, then no.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Also a butt sculpted and elevated by squats is rarely a bad thing. My momma was stingy when handing out the booty genes (but oh so liberal with the thighs.) and I'm using squats to try to make up for what she didn't pass along. If your booty is suddenly popping I'd say you're doing everything right.
    Try hip thrusts too, I hear they're great. I just started incorporating them in my lower body routine.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pics would help.

Well, I just wanted to tell you that you are gorgeous.

:blushing: Blush. Thank you.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Also a butt sculpted and elevated by squats is rarely a bad thing. My momma was stingy when handing out the booty genes (but oh so liberal with the thighs.) and I'm using squats to try to make up for what she didn't pass along. If your booty is suddenly popping I'd say you're doing everything right.
    Try hip thrusts too, I hear they're great. I just started incorporating them in my lower body routine.

Me too! I'm curious to see how effective they are. I just started them this week.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    headdesk.gif.gif

Sadly, I think I know which anime this is from. :(
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    But seriously though, I had the same concerns too since I already have quite a rotund buttocks...and then I started thinking about Sir Mix A lot and decided to give squats a try.

That's funny *kitten*. I love people that use the word buttocks. I make it a point to.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yep, we can totally tell from that paragraph.

hehe...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    No its probably all the Bacon Flavored Ice Cream you ate.

Ice cream flavored bacon is my reason.
  • dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options

As in fat *kitten* or progress from squats? (uplifted, rounder - therefore looking bigger?)

Are you serious?
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pics would help.

Well, I just wanted to tell you that you are gorgeous.

I just realized maybe you weren't talking about me and were commenting about OP instead...color me embarrassed. :embarassed:
  • Dixie2111
    Dixie2111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Im currently 153lbs and 5'9". I was 140lbs prepregnancy and now Im 16month post preg and still 153lbs BUT I've been lifting heavy for a few months now. I was wondering if my bum has gotten bigger from doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge in April and then switching to barbell front squats in May (I started 50lbs 3 times a week, then 60lb, now 70lbs) The reason I ask this is #1 No where's closer to fitting my prepreg clothes. #2 A person(an idiot, fat old man) asked if I was putting on weight and that I was getting "chunky" last week and this week. Unfortunately I never took measurments before hand so this 2 things are just making my feel fat and that heavy weights aren't helping me look lean.... Thoughts people please!!!! Thanks
  • Dixie2111
    Dixie2111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have only just started in MFP, but I am toning up as I go and I do squats in my workout routine, and my bottom has firmed up and toned up and lifted, which I suppose makes it appear a little rounder and larger, but in reality, my jeans are baggy on me at the rear where two weeks ago they weren't so I guess its an optical illusion..because I am now pert...besides, there is an old saying that says: 'men seldom make passes at girls with small arses' ... **kitten** if you are in the US lol Well done for looking so cool!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Im currently 153lbs and 5'9". I was 140lbs prepregnancy and now Im 16month post preg and still 153lbs BUT I've been lifting heavy for a few months now. I was wondering if my bum has gotten bigger from doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge in April and then switching to barbell front squats in May (I started 50lbs 3 times a week, then 60lb, now 70lbs) The reason I ask this is #1 No where's closer to fitting my prepreg clothes. #2 A person(an idiot, fat old man) asked if I was putting on weight and that I was getting "chunky" last week and this week. Unfortunately I never took measurments before hand so this 2 things are just making my feel fat and that heavy weights aren't helping me look lean.... Thoughts people please!!!! Thanks

I can't help you. Either you don't log your food or you are over. If you are eating 1400 and exercising like you say, you should be losing weight noticably. You need to take pictures and measurements to compare against in a week or two.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options

As in fat *kitten* or progress from squats? (uplifted, rounder - therefore looking bigger?)

Are you serious?
    Yep, I can totally tell what u mean....
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    No its probably all the Bacon Flavored Ice Cream you ate.

....IS this a real thing? If so where do I find it?

Yogurt Mountain has a maple bacon flavor yogurt. It is amazing! It tastes like pancakes with maple syrup and bacon! YUM
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Hello.

I can't help you. Either you don't log your food or you are over. If you are eating 1400 and exercising like you say, you should be losing weight noticably. You need to take pictures and measurements to compare against in a week or two.

I was eating 1700cals all along with say 2100cal day once a week plus my exercise. 3 times lifting and cardio 2-3 times. My TDEE is 2048 so 1700 is definately a deficit.... I guess I must be losing weight but the scale deosn't show it and my eyes don't see it. lol. how does that happen?!?!?
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think it could if you had not bum to begin with. I think that'd be a good thing though! I'm about 30-40lbs away from my goal weight (which changes just about daily). My weight lifting hasn't made mine bigger but it's certainly rounder and more shapely.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    I think it could if you had not bum to begin with. I think that'd be a good thing though! I'm about 30-40lbs away from my goal weight (which changes just about daily). My weight lifting hasn't made mine bigger but it's certainly rounder and more shapely.

I always had a bum. Hopefully it just better now. More shapely roundly. I can't tell. I only see negative first unfortunelty. Im retarded, i know. lol
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You had a baby, you body is going to be different a little bit in the hip/belly/butt area... Quit stressing... 13lbs away from goal is awesome! I'm sure your look fine :)