Check out my food log? advice, help

Options
Hi!

If you have a moment, can you check out my food log? Today was hot and therefor I didnt each three solid meals but snacked a lot during the day,...
Can you help me pinpoint where I can clean up? Maybe check out my food log for the past week? few weeks?

I know I eat chocolate daily but I figure if it fits in my daily calories, why not??
bad idea?

Suggestions? love poems? anything?! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Age? Weight? Height?
    What's your training like?

Protein looks low but need to know how you train.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat a bar for breakfast/snack, I would find one with less sugar and more protein. I really like the Pure Protein bars--the S'Mores and Chocolate PB are especially tasty and have about 18g protein and less than 5g sugar.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Age? Weight? Height?
    What's your training like?

Protein looks low but need to know how you train.

33F, 161, 5ft.
    Please note that I am slowly ramping up my exercise due to asthma. Right now, cardio is basically walking and I am starting to do bodyweight exercises.
  • dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    33F, 161, 5ft.
    Please note that I am slowly ramping up my exercise due to asthma. Right now, cardio is basically walking and I am starting to do bodyweight exercises.

1. I'd venture to say your activity level is sedentary
    2. Consume more protein daily. Aim for ~130g not just for muscle sparing reasons but protein is quite satiating too.
    3. A starting point of 1400 kcals daily would be sensible for you. Adjust later if needed.
    4. I'm also a chocolate addict. Keep eating it and work your macros around your daily chocolate indulgence.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Too many unhealthy snacks. 2 full bars of chocolate? Plus icecream and gold fish? It may fit into your calories, but calories are not the end all be all. That's a lot of sugar! Right now you are averaging 3 of these kinds of snacks per day. Try cutting it down to only 1 or 2 and see if that helps. (Maybe only eat half the bar when you crave it and save the other half for later?)
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat a bar for breakfast/snack, I would find one with less sugar and more protein. I really like the Pure Protein bars--the S'Mores and Chocolate PB are especially tasty and have about 18g protein and less than 5g sugar.

This too. Substitutions can meet your craving, while offering better fuel for your body. :smile:
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    Too many unhealthy snacks. 2 full bars of chocolate? Plus icecream and gold fish? It may fit into your calories, but calories are not the end all be all. That's a lot of sugar! Right now you are averaging 3 of these kinds of snacks per day. Try cutting it down to only 1 or 2 and see if that helps. (Maybe only eat half the bar when you crave it and save the other half for later?)

Thanks! I will cut back to two snacks. I just wanted to point out in case the food log wasent clear, its called a "Full bar" as in , thats the brand name :wink: .
    I did NOT eat a whole bar of Hersheys or somethng, LOL
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    i like quest protein bars they are very tasty with 20-21g protein usually about 5g carbs and depending on the bar around 1-3g of sugar.
  • pittbullgirl
    Options

I will try these suggestions, thank you :) Most of the time I have eggs unless I'm running late.
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    33F, 161, 5ft.

1. I'd venture to say your activity level is sedentary
    2. Consume more protein daily. Aim for ~130g not just for muscle sparing reasons but protein is quite satiating too.
    3. A starting point of 1400 kcals daily would be sensible for you. Adjust later if needed.
    4. I'm also a chocolate addict. Keep eating it and work your macros around your daily chocolate indulgence.

Just changed my activity level to sedentary. I am standing alot during my day and had it set at the one past that (lightly active?). I will definatly focus on protein. Thanks so much for the advice!
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I know this might be a nutty question to ask, but, why would anyone eat 3 cups of kale for breakfast? Do you cook it or eat it raw? I ate it for the first time last week as baked chips. They were good right out of the oven but later on went limp and yucky.
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    I know this might be a nutty question to ask, but, why would anyone eat 3 cups of kale for breakfast? Do you cook it or eat it raw? I ate it for the first time last week as baked chips. They were good right out of the oven but later on went limp and yucky.

Haah! I figured it might look strange (and now I KNOW you viewed my diary! LOL) but I put it in my smoothie. I have noticed a HUGE impact on my craving for sweets/chocolate.
    I didnt understand why I suddenly wasent craving them- when I say crave I mean *poke your eyes out with a spork for a chocolate bar* craving! I realized that I was having a lot more greens, specefically KALE the past few weeks. I then found a chart online that said "if your craving this, eat these foods". TADA! I tried it out and stopped having kale but still ate the other greens/veggie in my diet. HUGE differance!! I am apparently missing some nutrient kale gives me and my body is only reaping some awesome benifits.

Sorry so long winded, i hope its clear ;):bigsmile:
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    bump, bump, bumpety bump :bigsmile:
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I will try these suggestions, thank you :) Most of the time I have eggs unless I'm running late.

I always love eggs for breakfast too! :smile: The bars are handy for when you are running late!