this is my first time on and wanted to say hi

Options
hello my name is lyndsey and i have just joined this site as i am fed up of looking at myself in photos and thinking what on earth happened to me. i also need all the encouragement possible as i am quite bad with temptation and eating when i am bored i need tips to help me stop in both of these circumstances and just to lead a healthier lifestyle in general.

Replies

• osubeam
    osubeam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    HI Lyndey! I think that's a great goal: wanting to get healthier. I think this website helps and having people to talk to about it is excellent as well. I too tend to snack when bored or when food is in front of me! But drinking water instead sometimes helps. Do you have any other goals in mind?
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    Hi Lyndsey and welcome. You have already reached first base by acknowledging that you have issues that you want to sort out. Come and join us on the journey! I also am naughty with me food when bored. Add me as a friend if you wish.
  • penglynz
    penglynz Posts: 4
    Options
    my other goals is to be able to go into shops like new look and by smaller sized clothes, fit into the ones i have that have become to small also to change my eating habits. so if i am bored and want to eat to go for something like an apple rather than a bar of chocolate
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lyndsey. As the saying goes, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Congratulations on taking the first single step. Good luck on the journey. Just remember it's a journey. Celebrate the victories. Don't get discouraged by the setbacks (and we ALL have them). Share your successes and come here for support.

Way to go.
  • osubeam
    osubeam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of good juju! Goodness knows we all need it sometimes!