1 Year of Trying, and 40 pounds GONE (pic)

Options
vanmeds
vanmeds Posts: 2 Member
One year ago I went to Europe. It was a great trip, but after looking at the pictures I took, I realized that I didn't like any of the ones that I was in. After I got back, I decided to make some changes. I started off on the wrong track: not eating enough, not exercising. I lost a bit of weight but didn't really feel any better. Weighing in at 183 pounds and 5'7, I realized something had to change.
In the fall, I decided to make an actual change. I signed up for a gym for the first time in my life, and got a trainer. Started actually working out doing more than just cardio, and eating more than 1200 cal/day. I found out that as much as I might complain, I actually love working out (who knew??). Somehow the girl who hated gym with a passion in highschool ended up going there 5 times a week and loving it. And having originally aimed at a size 8, or maybe a 6 if I was super lucky, I never would have guessed that I would get my first (and hopefully not last) pair of size 4s this weekend at 143 pounds.
I can't believe that I've come so far this year, and while I might only have a little bit, I won't be stopping these new habits anytime soon. I love testing my body and feeling myself getting stronger every day, and only regret that I hadn't started years ago.

TLDR: 183lbs-143lbs in 1 year. Yay me!!!
ad8591ae-76b0-48ab-b642-81cab64ae73d_zpsd9c21b53.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!