Just GAINED 4lb...

Options
I was doing really well, lost 14lb... And then today I weighed in and was 4lb heavier than last week!

All I can imagine is that it was the sushi cheat day I had on Thursday... My diary's open and I'm pretty sure I've been under or near under every other day...

Also done some walking, cycling to work, etc...

Replies

• marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    :happy: Well all I can say is that the scales don't always reflect what is happening in your body.....I have had the scales lag behind what I was doing the body takes time to catch up with what you are doing. It's like processing time. SO... 4 lbs is probably water weight.... any increased salt.... ( I would think sushi would have that) or cycle time... can make that happen. SO don't be discouraged, stick to your plan and it will come back around.... Silly as it sounds you might increase your water. Be sure you have at least 2 liters a day. when you are even mildly dehydrated your body will hold onto every drop,... hope that helps... don't get discouraged.
    best wishes. Mary:happy:
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you were over more then once on calories and the other thing that jumped out at me was your sugar intake always way over.....Try cutting back on your sugar....Oh and as far as the sushi I think it would have been ok but you also had mcdonald's the same day.....4ibls isn't so much that it couldn't natural body fluctuations but I would watch the sugar and try harder next week
  • xarra
    xarra Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I only had a flurry at McD's!

And, OK, yeah, I know I need to watch the sugar... I'll also try & work out more this week... :/

Just disappointing... Stupid body... Weight falls off it - and falls back on it - so easily..
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Don't assum that you've put on 4 pounds of fat. I is probably only water weight. If you are close to that time of the month, or if you hate a little more sodium, or didn't drink water as much as usually, your body is possibly just holding on water. Keep making healthy choices and the scale will most probably do down again next week :)
  • mikalee13
    Options
    my body does the same thing and it is oh so aggravating!!! how can ONE cheat day affect you that much ya know?! i finally just had to realize that sometimes my body just needs time to adjust and so does yours. just keep your eye on the prize and stick to your plans. your body will catch up eventually. good luck!!!
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    I did the same thing a few weeks ago, but noticed my clothes were loose. So I kept with the plan and the pounds came back off. I think it was just an adjustment time. I had increased some of my weight training and that must have made a difference somehow. Just keep on going - don't get discouraged. I haven't lost any additional pounds in a month, but clothes are loose so something must be happening :bigsmile: