JIllian Michaels "No more trouble zones"

hot2b86
hot2b86 Posts: 19
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone own the DVD "No more trouble zones" from Jillian Michaels?.. I've done it a few times and its pretty good at kicking my butt! Never stayed on a good routine tho and would like to start it back up on monday. Is there any one else out there that wants to join me??... I'm thinking of doing it during the wk and taking the wknds off. I really want to stick w it this time and start seeing the results! The more that join, the better! I deff need the motivation to get up every morning and do it! :smile:

Replies

• marlenia
    marlenia Posts: 33
    I started it a week ago. It is a lot harder than the 30 Day Shred. I think just because how long it is. I don't do it on the weekends. I am doing it about 3 - 5 times a week. I also hike twice a week. I have to change things up because I get so bored following the same routine.
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    I'll have to look into that one! I need some change!!! If its as affordable as the Shred, I'm in!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    It totally kicked my butt too.
    I've only done it once. But I liked it.
    I am adding it to my weekly workouts.
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    I never heard of it before but it sounds intriguing. how long is it? is it cardio or a mix or...?

i just did her yoga meltdown, which is nice when you need a lighter workout. last night i did her burn fat metabolism something or other dvd... killer that's for sure... i've done the 30 day shread too... love her stuff!

1026866.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hot2b86
    I'll have to look into that one! I need some change!!! If its as affordable as the Shred, I'm in!

Yes, its very affordable... I bought that one and another DVD w it and it was only about $17.
  • hot2b86
    I never heard of it before but it sounds intriguing. how long is it? is it cardio or a mix or...?

i just did her yoga meltdown, which is nice when you need a lighter workout. last night i did her burn fat metabolism something or other dvd... killer that's for sure... i've done the 30 day shread too... love her stuff!

1026866.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Its about 50 min long but broken down into 7 diff circuits just like the "banish fat, boost metabolism".. ive also got that one too. THis one tho, u need 2 or 3 lb weights, its a great workout and u can for sure feel it ALL over the next cpl days!
  • hot2b86
    Well, this is it... starting monday, I will begin this DVD. I will do it 3 days a wk, every other day and try to get up and jog in the morn inbetween those days. I've lost 2 lbs in 5 days w/ out working out good so I think I can get some good results from this! Come monday, I will be on my way to a new me! :ohwell: Lets hope all goes well....!
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    I just bought it yesterday but haven't started it yet. From what I have read it is mostly strength/weight training so I was thinking about alternating days. Doing No more trouble zones Mon, Wed, Fri and doing my cardio Tues, Thurs, Sat with SUnday off.
  • hot2b86
    I just bought it yesterday but haven't started it yet. From what I have read it is mostly strength/weight training so I was thinking about alternating days. Doing No more trouble zones Mon, Wed, Fri and doing my cardio Tues, Thurs, Sat with SUnday off.

Thats my plan too, mon, wed, fri doing the video.. then running tues, thurs and wknds off. Monday is my start date!.. let me know if u join also :happy:
  • I have that DVD - how do I add it to my daily exercise calorie count?
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    I LOVE IT! It's so tough and effective. I'll add it into my week =) I think I got mine from Target for like 10$ too!
  • hot2b86
    I have that DVD - how do I add it to my daily exercise calorie count?

I dont know how to add it, i think u would either have to use a heart rate monitor or break it up between the cardio and strenth training
  • hot2b86
    Well I am starting tomorrow morning... wish me luck! And good luck to any of u who are also starting with me :happy:
  • kelsi13
    kelsi13 Posts: 1
    I am starting it tomorrow, and I was wondering if there is any way to tell how many calories you are burning from doing this dvd?
  • hot2b86
    I am starting it tomorrow, and I was wondering if there is any way to tell how many calories you are burning from doing this dvd?

Unless u have a heart rate monitor, it will b hard to tell exactly.. I just type in aerobics-high impact and type in 50 min... thats the closest way ive found.
  • I did circuit training, since thats pretty much what it is.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    The best way to log it is with a heart rate monitor. You're probably burning a lot more than you think! In 58 minutes, I can burn up to 530 calories. Last night, I went 55 minutes and burned 492. Sooooo, I'd say definitely get a heart rate monitor! :happy:

I just bought this DVD and started it last week. I did it first Saturday, the 18th and have done it 2 or 3 times since then. Last night was the first time since starting that I wasn't incredibly sore afterwards. I started by just holding a pair of ankle weights that were 2 lbs each, then I used 2 jars of spaghetti sauce for weights... then had to use the sauce and got lucky & bought some 3 lb dumbbells last night! :happy:

I can seriously feel everything working now... my inner thighs feel strong and I can actually feel the muscle in them now, along with finally my triceps (neither the ankle weights or spaghetti sauce worked my arms enough, they're were 2 lbs and the 3s seem to be just right, though I might try the 5s soon and see if they're not too heavy). My glutes feel amazing today and my outer thighs are feeling the burn as well.

LOVE this video and can't wait to see my results in the next couple months. I'm aiming to be comfortablyin a 10 for the first time in 6 1/2 years (I was 15!!!) by Thanksgiving, as well as hoping for 2 inches off each place I measure (abs, stomach, waist, thighs, arms).

Good luck to everybody!
  • GoodBye_Fatty
    GoodBye_Fatty Posts: 40 Member
    Started this workout last night and its FANTASTIC!!!!

I only have 5lb and 8lb weights. Think I will go and buy 3lb today because I could do some of the moves with the 5lb but not the whole exercise. I get really tired and sore so I have to stop for a few seconds and get back into it...

This workout is amazing and works the whole body. I just love it! it is pretty long. I was in a SWEAT BATH when I got finished! My mat was soaked too. By the time we had to the planks, I was slipping on it! :(

Im also doing 30 Day Shred. I think I will rotate the DVD's every other day now that I have NMTZ. Also have a KettleBell workout. Havent done that yet. Will prob do that on the weekends....

:heart: :tongue: :heart:
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    I've got a heart rate monitor, so I enter it under cardio and the title of the DVD then input my calories. Without a heart rate monitor there's no way to be really accurate entering the information.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    I'm definitely in on this! I own the dvd and love it. It's a killer. I just started it back up on yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.