How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I have found myself weighing myself almost every morning, mainly just out of curiousity I guess. I don't let the daily changes bother me, but I guess it may just help keep me accountable. I only log my weight once a week on Friday mornings, after taking my shower. I was just curious how often others check their weight, and do you see any reason to log your weight more than once a week? I don't JUST go by the pounds lost but how well I feel, how more comfortable my clothes are fitting, etc.

Replies

• stepgonz
    stepgonz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a friday morning as soon as I wake up.
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was doing mine on Friday but changed it to mondays for one of the groups I'm in but it's once a week.. I also get on every once in a while out of curiousity but it doesn't bother me.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    once a week in the morning.........
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself daily. I only track my weight on Monday.

I can't help weighing daily, the number, be it up or down, motivates me. I've lost and gained weight a few times and when I quit weighing, I start gaining. Recently, I was going between 2 weights for about 10 days. It caused me to look at my Intake and output and research and learn. I fixed the problem, and the scale is going down again. If I were only weighing once a week, it would have taken much longer to see the pattern.

I know the scale isn't the only measure of success, it's a tool that motivates me. I also track measurements, take photos, and compare how my clothing feels.
  • micheabr
    micheabr Posts: 72
    Options
    Every few weeks.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I weigh and track daily. I've been losing two pounds a week, so I love to see even another half pound gone as a result of my effort. That said, I don't get all wigged out when I gain a pound from the day before every now and then.
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning, but I only log my weight once a week, on Tuesdays. :)
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day because it helps keep me motivated. Any time I have a loss from the previously recorded weight, I record it. That way, I'm motivated to work harder to make sure the scale doesn't start moving in the wrong direction.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself a few times a day. I only record on Mondays now. I just like to see how the scale adjusts based on what I'm wearing and what time of day it is. Very interesting. I don't let it get me down either.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week, on Sunday morning. I will probably start weighing everyday once I get to maintenance.
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only daily weigher out there...lol!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day (when I am home and have my scale available) because I like to take note of daily changes so I have a better sense of my own pattern for water weight gain/loss, changes due to my cycle, etc. I only record my weight once a week or every other week.
  • dejp
    dejp Posts: 1
    Options
    Unable to at his time due to excess weight. Depend on clothing fit & others who don't know I'm dieting noticing. After labor day I'll do big weigh in!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and log my weight on Sunday.
  • jellen613
    jellen613 Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, and that helps keep me accountable. I am in maintenance mode (more than a year now), so it's easy to let things slide. The daily weight helps me pick up on a pattern before it gets away from me. I don't get freaked out by fluctuations, but over the holidays I saw an increase, so I made adjustments.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but only log when I get a new low. This wouldn't work for some. I don't get hung up on it, I'm just curious how my body changes and reacts. Example, I had mexican last night, so lots of sodium. I would expect now to hold on to some water for a couple of days. My weight swings up and down as much as 5 pounds in a day on occasion. I think it is fascinating to pay attention to the daily variances.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
    First thing in the AM.
    Naked.
    Before eating.
    After peeing.
  • Specialk0042
    Specialk0042 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in daily using our Wii so it logs it for me. When I was on the first stages of weight-loss, and using eDiets, I would only weigh in once a week. Even though there are some pretty wacky fluctuations evident with daily weigh-ins, if I only look at the pattern of a weekly check-in it's pretty much the same--1-2lbs a week, even though there have been some days where I've stepped on 4.5lbs heavier than the day before and dropped 3 lbs another day. It all averages out. As someone mentioned, I'm more in "maintenance" mode now, so I do the deed daily.
  • 21sunshine85
    21sunshine85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every second friday!