Greatest NSV I've had

Options
I was coaching a swim practice like I do every summer and a woman I know fairly well walked up to me, asked me if I was related to a coach named Anna, and told me that I looked exactly like her. When I told her that I was Anna, she looked so embarrassed and continued to repeat that she couldn't believe how amazing I looked. It was one of the most flattering and self-confidence boosting comments I've ever gotten!
It's really difficult for me because even at a 60 pound weight loss, I barely see a difference in myself. I look in the mirror and see the exact same unhealthy girl I used to be. The only way I know it's working are by the compliments I receive just like this one. They truly make all of the hard work worth it. :smile:

Replies

• diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and awesome NSV!!! Can't wait till folks don't recognize me either!
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow what a beautiful compliment :) 60 pounds is such an incredible feat! Nice work staying dedicated to your health and well being. I've heard it can take awhile for your mind to mentally catch up to weight loss. Stay positive :)
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!!!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Well done! But now I feel stupid. What is NSV?
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    . What is NSV?

Non Scale Victory :flowerforyou:
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Congrats Anna. You never see it in yourself.

Anybody want to bet that Brad Pitt and George Clooney don't think they are handsome?

Self-image will get you every time.

That is why the NSVs are so sweet.

Congrats and well done.
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    wow what a great NSV!! well done you on loosing 60 lbs :smile:
    Congrats!!
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    WOW, Awesome, 60 pounds is a serious accomplishment, very inspirational- keep posting!
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing!!! Press On!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!