Hi :) Looking for Pals to aid Motivation

Options
JudieJudes
JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
Hi

What a great app MyFitnessPal is!

I am looking for pals to aid motivation for each other. Currently I am unable to exercise due to having had an operation but hopefully I will be good to go from 1st July.

I eat healthily but I don't deny myself anything - currently have a glass of red vino - cheers :)

My measurements are:-

* Weight 148 - down from 155 - Goal 125 lbs.
* Waist 32.5 - down from 34 - Goal under 30 inchs

I also have a Fitbit which is great to monitor sleep and activity and can be linked to MyFitnessPal.

Good luck with your own goals and I wish you every success.

Feel free to add me ... I don't bite!

Take Care

JJx

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Make sure you are 100% recovered from surgery and take it slow when you can go back to excerising. I had surgery last October and it was 10 weeks before I could do a lot of stuff.
  • JudieJudes
    Options
    Welcome!
    Make sure you are 100% recovered from surgery and take it slow when you can go back to excerising. I had surgery last October and it was 10 weeks before I could do a lot of stuff.
    [/quot

Thanks for your reply - You are so right! I have had quite a few surgeries in the past and I understand how important it is to take 'baby steps' when getting back in the saddle :)

jjx
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Welcome. And congrats on what you have done so far. Just make sure you have medical clearance for whatever you do exercise wise and don't exceed what they tell you. Trust me on that. I had total knee replacement surgery at the end of September. Rehab was a beyotch. But slowly and steadily I got there. But the last thing you want is a relapse. I know in my case, the last thing I wanted was a pi$$ed off orthopedic surgeon. Rule 1: never tick off someone who has a scalpel in his hand.

So you don't bite? That's too bad. :laugh:

Just take it slowly and you'll get there.
  • JudieJudes
    Options
    Welcome. And congrats on what you have done so far. Just make sure you have medical clearance for whatever you do exercise wise and don't exceed what they tell you. Trust me on that. I had total knee replacement surgery at the end of September. Rehab was a beyotch. But slowly and steadily I got there. But the last thing you want is a relapse. I know in my case, the last thing I wanted was a pi$$ed off orthopedic surgeon. Rule 1: never tick off someone who has a scalpel in his hand.

So you don't bite? That's too bad. :laugh:

Just take it slowly and you'll get there.

Well I suppose I could put my teeth in ... lol
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me the more support the better. It has really helped me and I log on daily
  • SavingSarah41
    SavingSarah41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Sarah. I am looking for all the motivation I can get!! Feel free to add me if you would like. My journey is going to be a long challenge but a challenge that I am excited and looking forward to accept!!
  • JudieJudes
    Options
    Feel free to add me the more support the better. It has really helped me and I log on daily

Hi

Ive sent a request :)

J x
  • JerseyGem86
    JerseyGem86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as you, I've been told to 'take it easy' exercise wise after having 3 operations in 2 years on my ankle which is now full of metal :(

I need to lose weight to take pressure off my ankle so I can exercise more :s

I wish you all the luck in the world, never over do it tho and always think of the positives x(",)x
  • janepatricia2
    janepatricia2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi you are very welcome to add me, i am starting all over again with my diet, i need to lose about a stone, so i also need all the help i can get, good look ,
  • lindseygibeault
    Options
    Friend Request sent
  • impattyg
    impattyg Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I recently bought a Fitbit too. I'm look to lose 50 pounds. How do you like your Fitbit?

P:smile:
  • Rosepetals83
    Options
    Anyone that wants some motivation and support may add me I log everything and workout daily as well as motivational tips of the day