Abs are starting to show...

Options
What the heck... I've never seen my abs before. I'm still relatively high in body fat percentage but slooooooowly it's coming off.

I have literally never seen ANY kind of outline in abs/obliques in my LIFE. So I can see them forming and when I flex this happens.

Before: January 2013. 140 lbs. Before body fat: 31%
Current (right): June 1, 2013. 137 lbs. Current body fat: 27%
Goal body fat percentage: 20%

Weight lifting and HIIT for the win! I kind of fell off the wagon for all of April though (conferences and traveling...). But I've gotten serious again. Body got used to the low cals/low carbs so (at the urging of my MFP friends!) actually UPPED my calories and carbs these past few weeks and feel a tremendous difference in my energy and strength. I hit a plateau in late March so I am changing things up again. Before I was just doing crossfit, lifting, or cardio. But now I'm combining a weight training session before cardio or crossfit.

1h6kwk.jpg

Not a plug for crossfit of course, just telling you what I do. Anyway I'm super stoked to finally see some of the fat coming off of the place that I hate the most, haha. Woooo!

Oh and a shot of my swole legs after my leg lifting last night

2pzb1tv.jpg

Replies

• eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Also the booty is starting to look good :D I've always been one of those people with NO butt.

yic80.jpg

5upedt.jpg
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am super jealous!! I can't wait to have abs!
  • JenniferDomas
    JenniferDomas Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations :)
  • mommyofX2
    mommyofX2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great work =) I am hoping to have abs one day. You look great!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Looking good. I've made my way from 31% bf to 20% bf. But I swear I've got to lose another 35 or 40% bf to be able to see my abs. Until I get to negative body fat, they won't be visible. lol. I can feel them under there now. But they don't want to come out and play with all the other muscle that are happy to show themselves off now. But operation 6 pack is still in force.

Congrats and good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • eevincheezburger
    Options
    Congrats. Looking good. I've made my way from 31% bf to 20% bf. But I swear I've got to lose another 35 or 40% bf to be able to see my abs. Until I get to negative body fat, they won't be visible. lol. I can feel them under there now. But they don't want to come out and play with all the other muscle that are happy to show themselves off now. But operation 6 pack is still in force.

Congrats and good luck on the rest of your journey.

Negative body fat!! LOL! I know exactly how you feel. I feel like the rest of this fat is never going to come off. UGH. Definitely a slow process. It's happy to come off of everywhere else but the midsection... It fights me.
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    You look great. What an accomplishment!
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Also the booty is starting to look good :D I've always been one of those people with NO butt.

yic80.jpg

5upedt.jpg

Congrats, you look fabulous, I was also a no butt girl lol
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great progress. I can't believe the change. May I ask how tall you are? I'm just wondering about your height because I think I am your body type identical twin. I am built just like you:)
  • eevincheezburger
    Options
    You look amazing! Great progress. I can't believe the change. May I ask how tall you are? I'm just wondering about your height because I think I am your body type identical twin. I am built just like you:)

Thanks! I'm 5'3". Shout out to body type twins, haha!
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    You look great. I just started getting them also. Its awesome
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

That explains everything! I'm 5' 3.75"
  • Southern_Cross_Girl
    Southern_Cross_Girl Posts: 29 Member
    Options

That explains everything! I'm 5' 3.75"

Give it up for 5'3 ers!! This is so inspiring, I'm at 29.7 BF so now really wanna get it down cos you look ace! Great to find some body type twins too :)
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Woah! Amazing work :)
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That's great, you look amazing! Dedication and work, woo!
    I can't wait until my abs start to show ><
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And yay for abs :) I'm super jealous!
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Congrats looking good!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Looking fab!!!! Well done
  • Wwonderful
    Wwonderful Posts: 145
    Options
    NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!