Dieting, Exercising, nothing is happening

Options
I am a 5'9" female and I weigh around 133 pounds. The goal of me using my fitness pal is to tone, not lose a huge amount of weight. I know that I'm not over weight I just want to tone up. I have a very high metabolism and can pretty much eat whatever I want and not gain weight but for the past two months I have cut back to 1500 calories a day and I work out 5 times a week. (muscle training and cardio). i eat very clean-veggies chicken turkey etc.
the first month, nothing happened. I lost no weight and I can't see any difference in my body. After the second month I still see no significant changes. Last weekend I ate horrible all weekend, probably 3,000 calories Friday Saturday and Sunday and my weight did not change once again. I kind of feel like cutting calories is pointless for me because I don't gain weight when I eat a lot but I don't lose weight when I eat less. but im trying to lose fat and gain muscle but my body looks the same. i feel like 2 months should be a long enough time to see changes. Help!

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    You can't build muscle at a caloric deficit.

You're going to have to eat more and lift hravy weights to build muscle. You may gain a little fat in the process, but after you've made more muscle it becomes easier to drop any extra fat you may have put on.

Protein and good quality fats are what you need to increase to achieve your goal. And cut back on the cardio.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Did you take any pictures or measurement? Mirrors can be deceiving sometimes.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You will have to lift heavy weights to get a better shape.

Don`t eat at a calorie deficit.